Reload this Page >

Pensione Accademia /San Gallo - Venice

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8th, 2000, 09:55 AM
Jo

We have a quote from Pensione Accademia for a quad room for 550,000 lira superior room. <BR> <BR>Can someone tell me the difference in a superior or standard room? <BR> <BR>Also does anyone have any opinions on the San Gallo hotel? <BR> <BR>Thanks <BR>

Old Nov 9th, 2000, 03:48 PM
Renee

I don't know about that particular hotel, but genearlly, a superior room is a bit larger. Some of the European hotels are so small, however, that their version of "superior" is just the "standard" version in the U.S. Sometimes as well, a superior room, may have extra room where there will be a small table and chairs, or it might be superior beacuse it's a room with a balcony. You may want to e-mail the hotel, and see if they have a web site that you can look at. <BR>

Old Nov 13th, 2000, 12:45 PM
Cindy

I have been looking at the Accademia for next summer. What is the best way to make reservations? Do they have an email address and web site?

Old Nov 13th, 2000, 02:16 PM
Walter

Cindy: www.pensioneaccademia.it/home-en.htm Regards, Walter <BR>

Old Nov 13th, 2000, 03:42 PM
karie

I stayed at the Pensione Accademia. It is a super place. Far enough away from the bustle of San Marco to be pleasant and quiet, yet a pleasant walking distance to everything. I had a superior room overlooking the rear garden, and it was truly a delight. Tall arched windows opening onto the garden, inlaid parquet foors, wonderful bathroom, and a super staff. I did not see the standard rooms. I highly recommend the Accademia.

Old Nov 13th, 2000, 04:05 PM
karie

By the way, this is a very well-loved pensione. Many return there each year. I know I will definitely try to book there again when I return. So your first try may find no availability. Keep trying. It took me three faxes before I finally landed a room.