Reload this Page >

Peninsula's Which one'a

Search

Peninsula's Which one'a

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14th, 1999, 04:28 AM
Pat

Peninsula's Which one'a

We have time to do only two of these 3 Peninsulas. Which two are best? Our days will be short as we are going in Mid November. A friend perfered Beara because of Healy's Pass. Thank You Pat

Old Oct 14th, 1999, 11:32 AM
Sheila

I'm prepared to admit my ignorance, Pat. Where are you talking about?

Old Oct 14th, 1999, 11:45 AM
leechase

<BR>I'm assuming your're talking about the west of Ireland. I wuld suggest you do the Ring of Kerry and also the Dingle Peninsula. The Ring of Kerry is more touristy, but with good reason....it is beautiful. The Dingle is my personal favourite and not to be missed. <BR>Have a great time. <BR>Lee

Old Oct 16th, 1999, 12:00 PM
Mary

I guessing Pat means Ireland. Then the pennisula's would be Dingle, Ring of Kerry, and Beara Pennisula. I would also like to know which is best, and are more things open on a particular one in November.

Old Oct 20th, 1999, 03:25 AM
Helen

Pat <BR>Don't miss the Dingle Peninsula, go by way of the Connor Pass,narrow roads, but well worth the effort. Also did the Slea head in Dingle, about a 10 mile drive,very beautiful. The town of Dingle is very nice.

Old Oct 20th, 1999, 04:51 AM
Jo

Agree Dingle Peninsular is great. You can also swim with Fungi the Dolphin there! Dingle is a nice town. <BR>

Old Oct 20th, 1999, 07:01 PM
Ellen

Do Dingle definitely!

Old Oct 25th, 1999, 03:16 PM
Darlene

Pat, <BR> <BR>We were in Ireland in June. Wonderful, beautiful. Do the Dingle Peninsula. Dingle it'self is a lovely town. Doyles <BR>Seafood House is also a B& B inexpensive but nice and the people are wonderful. Everyone will help you find restaurants, <BR>pubs etc. Just enjoy <BR>Darlene <BR>

Old Oct 25th, 1999, 03:17 PM
Darlene

Pat, <BR> <BR>We were in Ireland in June. Wonderful, beautiful. Do the Dingle Peninsula. Dingle it'self is a lovely town. Doyles <BR>Seafood House is also a B& B inexpensive but nice and the people are wonderful. Everyone will help you find restaurants, <BR>pubs etc. Just enjoy <BR>Darlene <BR>

Old Oct 26th, 1999, 05:43 PM
Marcia

Again, were in Ireland in June. Dingle is a must. We took Connors Pass and couldn't see the front of our car because of the fog over the mountain. We did have an opportunity to take it again on a beautiful day and were we ever glad. Spectacular views! Did the Slea Head route and stopped at the Blasket Isle. visitor center. Interesting. We also did the Beara Pen. Healy Pass is also gorgeous. I would skip Ring of Kerry. Talked to another traveller that did and said it was pretty but nothing really really special. Talked to yet another couple who did the Mizen Head peninsula and said that was different and spectacular. Tough choice. I say Dingle and Beara (Healy Pass). Killarney is so touristy.

Old Nov 18th, 1999, 01:54 PM
christine

If the weather is clear, do Dingle! I've been on the ring of Kerry (yes, Killarney is extremely touristy) and Dingle. Nothing compares to the Dingle Way (signposted drive at south of Dingle). <BR> <BR>I've also driven the Caha Pass over the top of the Beara Penninsula. It was incredible and I highly recommend it.