Peace Palace in Den Haag

Search

Peace Palace in Den Haag

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31st, 2011, 12:05 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Peace Palace in Den Haag

Seeing the Peace Palace in Den Haag is something I would like to do. But the only time slot available for our time frame is at 11:00 a.m. on the Thursday that we are traveling from Amsterdam to Delft. We would need to check in at out hotel or at least drop our bags and hurry oveer to Den Haag and be there by 10:45 for the tour. I am wondering if seeing the Palace is worth this effort!
Old Mar 31st, 2011, 12:39 PM

Assuming you're taking the train -- Pretty much every train will stop at Den Haag before stopping in Delft. Could you store your bags in a locker at the Den Haag train station (see link below), go to the Peace Palace, then pick them up and continue on your way to Delft? The cost for the locker would be about what you'd be paying to buy another train ticket to go back to Den Haag from Delft.

http://ns.nl/cs/Satellite/travellers...=language%3Den
Old Mar 31st, 2011, 01:13 PM

Just make sure you aren't on a train which connects with a train to Delft at Leiden. If you have a ticket to Delft and choose to go on to Den Haag could hit a snag with the conductor. The chance is minute but still there.
Old Mar 31st, 2011, 02:33 PM

I enjoyed seeing the Peace Palace and also attending the world court trials over by the Dorint hotel.It was fascinating!(You need to provide your passport and go through security but really educational even if you only stay 20 minutes!)
Old Mar 31st, 2011, 03:34 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for the help! I really wanted to know if the Peace Palace is worth the effort to visit.