Reload this Page >

PBS Show on Italy - From Above

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 10:22 AM
Dawn

A while back, we watched a show (I think it was PBS), which was just aerial views of Italy. There was pretty much no speaking, just music played in the background and the names of the places where on the bottom of the screen. I think there were 2 parts (Southern Italy and Northern Italy). Does this sound familiar to you? I checked the PBS site, but couldn't find anything that sounded like this. If you know anything about this, please let me know.

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 10:24 AM
Ed

Haven't seen. <BR> <BR>Suggest you call your local PBS station. Each station programs independently so the piece wasn't necessarily seen across the country. <BR> <BR>Ed

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 10:45 AM
Jim

The PBS program you mentioned was done by them as part of their fund raising program that is done periodically. I would call them as Ed mentions above. <BR>I saw the program and it was one of their best.

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 11:06 AM
elaine

Dawn <BR>I saw it too. Call your local PBS station and see if they can give you the title.

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 11:26 AM
xxx

Never heard of it but I think Continenetal Airlines (or maybe it's Alitalia or Air France) has something like that in their cabin magazine.

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 11:34 AM
betsy

Have seen the Northern Italy tape, but didn't know there was a Southern Italy edition. It's usually on PBS during their local affiliates' fund-raising drive. Definitely worth viewing.

Old Feb 19th, 2001, 12:19 PM
nancy

My parents taped this shpow for me , this summer. <BR>It ran on either WGBH (boston) or the New Hampshire station. <BR>There were also 2 other shows that ran after it, also on italy, and even more fun! <BR>

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 05:12 PM
rosemarie garman

Our 3 local PBS stations have played these on "Pledge Nights". They have also shown Rick Steve videos. The air view videos I have seen are called "Visions of Italy" There are 2 parts...north and south.They usually offer these as gifts as part of the higher price memberships. They may be available elsewhere.I watched these and Rick Steve and never did see anything about Abruzzi...no one ever talks about this lovely untouristy area...great food too.I so enjoy this site. My husband & I have been to North Italy 2 times and are going to Naples,Amalfi Capri and end up leaving from Rome after visiting famiglia in Cample near Teramo.Unfortunatly it will be in March and I am afraid the weather will not be all I could hope for.

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 05:23 PM
Tiffany

I pledged to my PBS station when the Northern Italy version was on and received a "free" copy. I just recently learned that there is a companion Southern Italy. Check these sites for information. http://www.wliw.org/productions/visions.html http://www.wliw.org/productions/visions_italy.html

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 09:33 PM
Leslie

The two video productions were called "Visions of Italy - Southern Style" and "Northern Style"...<BR><BR>I, too caught this during a pledge break on my local PBS station..tried to find a scheduled replay and then, after stumbling across it on another pledge break, realized that they are using this to solicit large donations, hence it isn't a scheduled program.<BR><BR>The videos are lovely.