Reload this Page >

Pubs near theatre

Search

Pubs near theatre

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 01:29 PM
gregg

Pubs near theatre

Can anyone suggest a pub/pubs in the St. Martins and Playhouse theatre area for dinner prior to the theatre. Will be seeing both Inspector Calls and Mousetrap.

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 01:31 PM
gregg

RE: Previous message...or for a drink after the theatre.

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 04:21 PM
Leslie

My favorite restaurant in London is called Salieri's near the Aldwych Theatre (on the same street) which is only a few blocks from there. They have a fixed price menu 3-course, and excellent food for about $20 (I think that also includes a glass of wine).

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 09:44 PM
Leslie

My favorite thing to do before an evening of theater, is to have a fancy afternoon tea (Brown's Hotel, Fornum & Mason-St. James Restaurant for example) at about 3 or 4 pm. You'll be dressed right for the theatre later, and plenty full you won't need dinner. Catch the pub afterwards. Sorry don't know of one but at one time, did find a search function on www.londontown.com where you could find neibourhood pubs.

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 09:49 PM
Leslie

Gregg - here's the pub guide link:<BR>http://www.londontown.com/directory/dirpub.phtml?id=1<BR>