Reload this Page >

Pau, Figeac and Najac

Search

Pau, Figeac and Najac

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23rd, 2002, 01:03 PM
Sheila

Pau, Figeac and Najac

We're house hunting in Midi Pyrenees this weekend. Looking for a nice wee hotel and a good restaurant in each of the above. Any suggestions?<BR><BR>thanks in anticipation

Old Sep 23rd, 2002, 02:19 PM
John B.

Sheila: <BR>Can't believe it when I saw Najac on your list. Some 15 years ago we rented a farm house near there. We have been back since then and stayed at the Hotel Belle Rive down on the banks of the Aveyron. It's listed in any Michelin Red Guide. It's comfortable and the restaurant is fine as well. You will also see the Oustal del Berry listed. We haven't been there and it's more upscale.<BR>E-mail me if you have any other questions about Najac. It's a great base for visting Cordes-sur-Ciel and Albi to the South, Cahors and St.Cirq-la-Popie to the NW and Conques a must see to the North.

Old Sep 23rd, 2002, 04:59 PM
aaa

ttt

Old Sep 24th, 2002, 11:31 PM
Sheila

Thanks John. That's very useful

Old Mar 19th, 2004, 11:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi John--we are considering staying in Najac or Figeac for 2 nights and we often stay at Logis de France hotels. Can you provide a little more info on the Belle Rive please and can you tell me if Najac has a bit of a pretty town with cafes and a restaurant or 2. We'll be in Sarlat for 5 nights before, but wanted to visit
Figeac and Conques as well--maybe even take a return visit to Pech-Merle which we love. Many thanks.

Take care,
Robyn France
Old Mar 19th, 2004, 11:54 AM

Robyn:

In case John isn't around any more, I know Figeac pretty well and have spent time in Najac. I don't know the Belle Rive, but we stayed in a comparable place - http://www.oustaldelbarry.com/ - last time we were there and loved both the hotel and the restaurant.

Najac is one of les plus beaux villages de France - very appealing and plenty of caf&eacute;s, etc.

Figeac is also lovely. If you want a splurge, stay at the Hotel du Viguier du Roy there. For something less extravagant, try the H&ocirc;tel Champollon. We loved the Restaurant La Cuisine du March&eacute; there.
Old Mar 19th, 2004, 03:55 PM

St. Cirq--thanks so much for the information. Would u recommend Najac over Figeac for a 3 day stay in the area? We will see both in any case, but is there a particular feature you would consider to make the stay better in one place over the other? Many thanks, as always.

Take care,
Robyn France
Old Mar 19th, 2004, 04:04 PM

Robyn: If you can afford the Ch&acirc;teau du Viguier du Roy (I don't even want to think what it costs with the weak dollar), I'd stay in Figeac, a lovely town, and visit Najac. If not, stay in Najac, which is very, very pretty.
Old Mar 20th, 2004, 05:24 AM

Many thanks again St.Cirq--in all probability we will have to look for reasonably priced lodging--so we'll look at Najac choices or the Champollion you mention in Figeac. Ch&acirc;teau du Viguier du Roy looks gorgeous but I am afraid it would break the bank--and we really do enjoy the interaction in small charming hotels very much. A bient&ocirc;t.

Take care,
Robyn France
Old Mar 20th, 2004, 05:45 AM

That would be my choice, too, Robyn. Enjoy the area. It's lovely.
Old Mar 22nd, 2004, 01:12 AM

Robyn: I have been looking at this area as well. You may want to take a look at www.najac.com What a great web site!

Not only does it list hotels/gites/meubles etc but has a listing of randonnees. A new one each month! We may be there just in time for the medieveal festival being held Sept 11-12. Has anyone done this annual festival before? I would be interested in hearing someone's personal account/impression if possible.

Thanks!
Old Mar 22nd, 2004, 01:22 AM

Okay, that should read medieVAL (as in ages, not as in moo-moos!)
Old Mar 22nd, 2004, 08:36 AM

Thanks Klondike--it is a good site and I had not seen a website for Le belle rive before--