Passion Play O'gau

Old Aug 28th, 2000, 09:15 AM
Tom

Passion Play O'gau

Want to make a brief stop in Oberammmergau in September. I do not want to attend the play. But I do want to plan my visit while the play is in session. I am interested in finding out what time the play starts, what time it breaks for lunch and what time it finishes in the afternoon.

Old Aug 28th, 2000, 05:47 PM
topper

to the top

Old Aug 28th, 2000, 06:04 PM
Monica

Hi Tom,

Sorry that I can't answer all your questions, but I was in Ober. in June. My husband and I arrived in the town about 10:00am when the play was on. The town was quite empty, so we walked around for about an hour. We headed out then to our next sight (Garmish), so I don't know what time the play stops for lunch. But at least the a.m. was nice and quiet!

Old Aug 29th, 2000, 09:07 AM
Ann

Tom, the play begins at 9:30, lunch break runs from 12:15-3:00 and it concludes at 6:15. At least, that's what the website for the play says... having been there once before during the play, I'd strongly recommend you DO NOT plan on being in the village during the lunch break. You should also know that, because the villagers are the cast, there will be reduced staff in shops, etc. Good luck...

Old Aug 29th, 2000, 11:30 AM
stephn

I can confirm what Ann posted about the times on the website. We actually attended the play end of July. It is a mad house when they break for lunch! We found the shops/stores to be adequately staffed. I think the town of Oberammergau has the execution of this whole event down pat!

Old Aug 29th, 2000, 01:22 PM
Art

Stephanie, they should after 800 years (same case!!).

Old Aug 30th, 2000, 06:09 AM
topper

Old Aug 30th, 2000, 06:24 AM
topper