Reload this Page >

Passes in Ireland

Search

Passes in Ireland

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11th, 2002, 03:01 PM
Brian

Passes in Ireland

Hey there,<BR>trying to find some kind of hostel/travel pass for the Republic of Ireland, found one for the north but no such like for the south. Anyone know of anything good? Especially the hostel pass.

Old Nov 11th, 2002, 03:41 PM
Brian

Basically I'm looking for the cheapest way to do Ireland, two university students, no rich tastes, just looking for good Guinness, great people, lovely culture and fun music.

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 04:13 AM
Dave

You can find info on bus passes at www.buseireann.ie.<BR><BR>By &quot;hostel pass&quot; do you mean membership in a hosteling organization? Perhaps the info you're looking for is at www.irelandyha.org. I'm not sure if this is the only hostel association in Ireland. I would suggest getting a recent copy of the Lonely Planet guide to Ireland and reading up on the hostel section to learn more about your options.<BR><BR>

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 04:43 AM
sarah

hey Brian--I am trying to find the same type of information as i am planning on touring ireland and scotland next summer as cheaply as I can. I came across this site hostelireland.com that might help you out a bit. also www.local.ie/expert/ <BR>if you find any good info please pass it on to me.

Old Nov 17th, 2002, 06:09 PM
Brian

Thanks guys.<BR>Sarah, I'm planning on heading over at the beginning of May with my girlfriend. We're planning on staying in hostels the whole time, maybe a nicer hotel in Dublin, treat ourselves. Busing and railing most of the time, I'm looking at the Rambler, Rover and Emerald passes, if you haven't seen them check out the bus site Dave mentioned, there will probably be a link to the rail website aswell. <BR>There are a few sites I've been on, but I can't remember them at the moment and can't find my stuff, but I'll let ya know when I do.<BR>Where are you heading out from? It sucks for me because we're in Ottawa, so it's tough to get a flight out of any Canadian city for under $1100.