Parking to get to Wengen

Search

Parking to get to Wengen

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23rd, 2009, 04:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Parking to get to Wengen

Can someone help me understand the parking and train to Wengen? I went on the website and it said something about reserving parking for a minimum of 7 days. We will only be there for two nights . Do I have to make a parking reservation ahead of time or is that just a suggestion for longer term parking? We will be there in two weeks.

We will be driving into Wengen later in the evening on our first day. Is there anything I need to be aware of as far as getting tickets for the train. Should I do this ahead of time?

Thanks!
Old Jul 23rd, 2009, 04:52 AM

I think you will have to park at Lauterbren (sp?) as Wengen is a car-free village.

jdc
Old Jul 23rd, 2009, 05:54 AM
ira

hi S,

All of the postings on this board have said that you park in Lauterbrunnen and train to Wengen.

I have garnered the following:

Coming from the North, follow the road all the way to Lauterbrunnen. Just as you enter, make the first left onto Im Tripli.
Cross the RR tracks to the Parking Garage.
The garage, open 24/7 (12CHF), is just behind the Bahnhof

Hope this helps.

Old Jul 23rd, 2009, 08:17 AM

There is no way you will be driving into Wengen, as Ira has said you have no option but to park in Lauterbrunnen and take the train. whichever way you arrive on the autobehn you have to drive up the valley from Interlaken to Lauterbrunnen, and as a non driver all I can tell you is that the multistorey carpark is just behind the station. For train times and fares to Wengen look on www.sbb.ch/en
Old Jul 23rd, 2009, 11:34 AM
Original Poster

Thanks. I realize that we have to park in Lauterbrunnen. That is the parking garage I was directed to from the Wengen website. My question is - can we just pay to park on the day we get there or do we have to get reservations?

Do we have to be concerned about arriving by a certain time in the evening to get train tickets and get into Wengen?

Thanks again.
Old Jul 23rd, 2009, 12:00 PM

Found this on the web, hope it's the right one.. it says 7 day minimum is required to reserve a space to park.
http://www.jungfraubahn.ch/en/Deskto...spx/tabid-250/
Old Jul 23rd, 2009, 12:05 PM

But if you look at the parking fees page, that gives prices for shorter periods. I think it means you can only book in advance for a wek or longer, but for shorter stays you can just turnup.
Old Jul 23rd, 2009, 12:16 PM
ira

Hi SC,

>Do we have to be concerned about arriving by a certain time in the evening to get train tickets and get into Wengen?<

From what I have been told, and have read, you need only consult the train schedules. There is no need to make reservations or to buy ahead.