Reload this Page >

Parking in Positano

Search

Parking in Positano

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14th, 2001, 10:55 AM
Zoe

Parking in Positano

Does anyone know if it's easy to find parking in Positano and the cost? We're staying 5 nights there at the end of our Italy trip and are trying to decide if it's more hassle and expense to park the car for that time period or take it back to the car rental. After Positano, we only have 1 more night before we fly out from Rome. Thanks for your input!

Old Mar 14th, 2001, 01:29 PM
Lou

Zoe-- Parking is very difficult in Positano, if your hotel, B&B, or apartment does not provide it. You should certainly inquire. We did see a (full) parking lot-- I have no idea of the price.

Old Mar 14th, 2001, 02:07 PM
Howard

When will you be there? If it's in-season, then it's tough to find spaces. Off-season, it's not so hard.

Old Mar 15th, 2001, 10:11 AM
Zoe

We will be in Positano the nights of April 22 to April 26, 2001 inclusive. I appreciate your help.

Old Mar 15th, 2001, 10:23 AM
jodi

Your accomodation will undoubtedly provide it. If not, change to one that does. You drive to your hotel and walk in the lobby...where you hand over your keys...when you have signed in and go to your room your luggage is there. When you leave, your car mysteriously reappears with your luggage in it. Fabulous! Be sure and ride the jitney(about a $1.) to the very top where the locals lives and then back down.

Old Mar 15th, 2001, 10:36 AM
Zoe

Jodi - Accommodation doesn't provide parking and too late to change. They say to "park on the street". After seeing some of the photos of Positano, we're wondering about "parking on the street"! Thanks for the info on the "jitney"! We'll be sure to try it.

Old Mar 15th, 2001, 10:46 AM
elizabeth

Here's a web site for a large parking lot in Positano (gotta love the web - a parking garage with a website!). You could e-mail them to find out how much and also to reserve a spot. There's another lot called Parking Anna - rates are approx 20,000L per day (saw that on a villa website).

Old Mar 15th, 2001, 11:09 AM
Zoe

Thanks, Elizabeth, but I'm not seeing the web site on my screen! Kindly repost.

Old Mar 15th, 2001, 11:18 AM
Patrick

Our hotel in town, the Murat did not have parking but reserved us a space at a parking garage, actually a big lot with vines on an arbor over the whole thing. They told us where it was and said they'd meet us there when we arrived. As we found the lot the attendant came running to tell us it was full, when we said it was reserved for us by the Murat he looked at his list and greeted us by name and took our car. He then called the hotel and they send a porter to help us with the luggage -- pedestrian street only. What a great system. But the car had to be washed after the birds in the vines covered our car in three days.

Old Mar 15th, 2001, 12:07 PM
Howard

When we were in Positano off-season, we had no problems parking our car. And, like Patrick's experience, it was a pedestrian only street to our hotel and we could not drive up to it. Fortunately, we had little luggage, so we could easily carry it and walk down to our hotel by the sea.

Old Mar 15th, 2001, 04:38 PM
elizabeth

Sorry - here's the web site: <BR> <BR>http://www.mandara.it/parcheggio/infoing.htm

Old Mar 15th, 2001, 06:38 PM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Zoe, Ask your hotel and then do exactly what they say. Or, drop the car in Sorrento for the 5 days--taxi to Positano---and get the car when you depart---2 seperate rentals. Use the bus and the boats while in Positano. I have done it both ways.