Reload this Page >

Parking in Munich

Search

Parking in Munich

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 02:30 PM
Larry

Parking in Munich

I've searched these postings for info on parking in Munich. Most comments are that's it's difficult and costly. But given that we will be going there for a day and need to find a parking lot, does anyone know where we might look to park near the Marienplatz? Thanks.

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 04:35 PM
Dick Yeager

Larry,<BR><BR>Around the Marienplatz are a couple of parking Garages. Good luck.<BR><BR>Why can't you park outside the area and take the S-Bahn or similar in? Much easier in my opinion.<BR><BR>Please remember, you are in Germany, not Los Angeles, etc. It is different. Get used to it and enjoy the difference.<BR><BR>Hope this helps.<BR><BR>Dick

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 04:46 PM
Bob

Ditto above. The S Bahn is clean and nice. Plus there is one stop that brings you up right in front on the Marienplatz.....perfect. <BR><BR>We did this from our hotel in the suburbs a few years ago and it was great. Plus, Munich traffic a hassle! We got in a traffic jam last year during the Christmas market. Sure would have preferred to get into that subway.

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 05:26 PM
doug

Had to do exactly what you are doing. There are parking garages and they are expensive but not outrageous. I can't remember exactly how much but no more than a big US city. There is a city garage about one or two blocks south of the Marienplatz you can find it on a city map. I found a spot there a couple times during the Christmas Markets so it's not usually full.<BR>They are all one way streets and dead ends so it is easy to get screwed up and drive around in circles. Go around the ring till you are south of the center and then head towards the center, as I recall there will be parking signs. <BR>Good luck

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 05:29 AM
Larry

Thanks to all. We may be glutten for punishment, but we're going to give Doug's advice a go. We also plan to drive to Dachau the same day, so won't have but around a half day in Munich.

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 06:18 AM
xxx

Leave your car in the garage and take the S-Bahn (U-Bahn?) out to Dachau.