Search

Park in Vevey

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28th, 2014, 05:48 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Park in Vevey

Hello my friends,
planning a trip in october, one of my stops will be Vevey. We are renting a car in Geneva, staying for 2 night in Vevey. Where can we park the car? We intend to stay in grand place at guest house Le Charlot , place du Marche. How much it will cost per night? Tks ( I know would be quite easier use public transport, but we want to have freedom, to stop wherever we want, visit different places, and leave when we want. So we decided for a car, even knowing we will find difficulties as parking....)
Old Apr 29th, 2014, 10:00 AM

Received 12 Likes on 1 Post
This is the only one I'm finding with a google search:

Rue du Panorama 17, 1800 Vevey, Switzerland

You could drop your bags at the hotel before parking the car (and pick up the car before leaving and loading the bags). I'm sure you'd be OK to stop in front of the hotel for a few minutes to accomplish this.

But, contact your hotel. They would be able to let you know of a closer lot/garage.
Old Apr 29th, 2014, 10:03 AM

Received 12 Likes on 1 Post
BTW, according to Google directions, this parking garage is 450m or a 6 minute walk from your hotel.
Old Apr 29th, 2014, 10:58 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Watch out if you are staying in Vevey on a Saturday night. we had rooms in the auberge overlooking the Place du Marche which was very quiet when we went to sleep but less so at 3am when they started setting up the market.

not a good start to a holiday.

if the market's not on, i think that you can park in the Place.
Old Apr 29th, 2014, 06:29 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tks Joannyc great suggestion and tks about google search. Annhig , we will be leaving on saturday morning, but I believe the market is on saturday morning isn't it?
In the place, where is it? Tell me more about it, could be an alternative
Old Apr 30th, 2014, 06:43 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Andreia,

if you say you're leaving on Sat am, does that mean that's the end of your stay there? in which case you are likely to have a very lively early Sat am as they start setting up the market so early, and it takes over more or less the whole of the Place. [i can't remember where we parked to be honest, we were only there one night; it may be that you are allowed to park in a small part of it even when the market is on].

don't get me wrong, I love markets and this was a great one [first time I've ever seen anyone selling dandelion leaves for a salad] but i prefer to sleep beforehand.