Parisian graphic art

Search

Parisian graphic art

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2nd, 2009, 09:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Parisian graphic art

For those of you interested in graphic art, if you look carefully, you can find some really exceptional examples in some of the outer arrondissements in neighborhoods that are often considered ugly. For example this wall along rue Ordener in the 18th constantly fascinates me, and it displays some really controversial subjects: http://tinyurl.com/c5e6hb

You can find it between Marx Dormoy and Marcadet-Poissonniers metro stations on the bus route of the #60.

Of course, if you prefer your graphic art under control in a nice setting, I can also recommend the current exposition in the Grand Palais of 150 graphic artists. It runs until April 26th and has its own website: http://www.tagaugrandpalais.com/

After that show, that section of the Grand Palais will be closed for renovation.
Old Apr 2nd, 2009, 03:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for posting the photos. I love graffiti. It must be interesting to see how the images on the wall change over time.

I'm looking at my metro map- looks like those stops are on line 12, north of the gare du nord.
Old Apr 2nd, 2009, 03:37 PM

Thanks for the photos! Reminds me a bit of our wonderful murals in the Mission district in San Francisco
Old Apr 18th, 2009, 10:59 AM
tod

Thanks so much Kerouac for putting this on the forum - too bad I'm going to miss the exhibition - I would have gone.

I am totally in awe of people who can put what's in their head onto a flat surface and make it look so easy & so delightful (even if the subjects portray horror).
Good graffic art I appreciate - Graffiti demonstrated by letters of the alphabet in perculiar forms or words, sprayed onto beautiful buildings, walls & everything inbetween just makes me see red.
This cannot be the work of the same people.
Old Apr 18th, 2009, 11:05 AM

<<After that show, that section of the Grand Palais will be closed for renovation.>>

What, again?! The nef? What did they not finish renovating all those years that it was closed?
Old Apr 18th, 2009, 11:19 AM
Original Poster

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
No, not the main nef. It is some sort of side gallery.