Parishuttle advance payment?

Old Feb 24th, 2004, 07:19 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Parishuttle advance payment?

I've just booked us on Parishuttle for our trip in April. However, I was surprised to note that my credit card was charged immediately. I guess I expected not to be charged until the time of service. Has anyone experienced any problems with this, and/or is this standard?

Thanks!
Old Feb 24th, 2004, 07:49 AM

Melissa, I just used Parishuttle for my trip last week. My card (a debit card, incidentally--not credit, though I don't know if it makes any difference) was not charged until the day we arrived and were picked up. However, this is the only time I've used their service, so I don't know if my experience is typical.

I wouldn't worry about it, though. Maybe just bring along a copy of your statement to show the driver that you've already been charged.
Old Feb 24th, 2004, 08:11 AM
ira

Hi melissa,

I suggest that you contact Parishuttle to make sure that the charge was legitimate.
Old Feb 24th, 2004, 08:18 AM

We were charged in advance also, which was okay--no need to worry about having Euros on arrival for payment. Once when we had to cancel we got our money back fairly soon. The one problem we had--and I can't remember with which shuttle service now--was that we were sent a confirmation via e-mail with our entire credit-card number included.
Old Feb 24th, 2004, 12:15 PM

A couple of years ago they did not charge your credit card in advance. All you had to do was make the reservation-better through the manager, Mark. You could pay upon arrival by c/c or with cash. Must be a new policy?
Old Feb 24th, 2004, 01:51 PM
CalgirlSusan

I may be one of the people who caused this prepay requirement. Several years ago when using Paris Shuttle I called on arrival and after waiting nearly an hour, I gave up and got a taxi. Later they tried to charge my credit card which I had given when I reserved. It took a battle with the cc company, but I finally got credit for the charge. Now they charge you ahead of time and if they keep you waiting for an hour or more, that's just too bad. They already have your money.
I now take a taxi and think it's worth the extra money even if I'm traveling alone. Usually however, there are two of us and the taxi is about the same as two on the shuttle.