Paris with teenagers.

Old Jan 4th, 2003, 05:42 PM
Bee

Paris with teenagers.

Any ideas on Parisian sites for a 12 and 15 year old in mid-March? Anyone had luck renting apartments for a week in Paris with kids?

Old Jan 5th, 2003, 04:40 PM
Susannah

We spent a few days in Paris this summer with our 15 yr old daughter and 13 year old son. I'd highly recommend doing a &quot;Mike's Bikes&quot; tour, it was a favorite of the whole family. Check out their website - we had a blast, saw and learned a lot also.<BR><BR>Other ideas will depend on the kids' interests. We didn't spend a lot of time in museums, but hit the biggies. The Rick Steves &quot;90 Minute Highlights of the Louvre&quot; tour described in his tour guide was perfect for us. We saw the major highlights, but weren't overwhelmed.<BR><BR>Daughter really wanted to go to Giverny, which we enjoyed but probably would not be good for a March visit. If you're into Monet at all, I'd recommend the Marmotten museum. It's a small private collection of his works and was very nice. We also liked the Rodin museum. These two small museums appealled more to the kids than the major museums - not so overwhelming.<BR><BR>I'm glad we climbed to the top of Notre Dame - the lines shouldn't be too bad for you in March. It was a very long wait for us in July, but it was worth it.<BR><BR>Sacre Couer and Montmarte were a lot of fun. We had the kids' portraits done at Montmarte and I'm really glad we did it. We spent a lot to have them framed, but they look great hanging in the family room and they're a wonderful reminder of a once-in-a-lifetime family time.<BR><BR>Have fun!

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 07:30 PM
Bee

Thank you so much for your reply. Those are all great ideas. Where did you ride with Mike's Bikes nad where did you stay? I am still looking for apartments and am somewhat overwhelmed with the possibilities...

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 06:20 AM
David

For the unusual try a tour of the catacombs and a tour of Les Egouts (the sewers.)<BR><BR>The catacombs were closed when I was there but my (then) 14 year old niece and 13 year old nephew got a kick out of the sewers. It's not as bad smelling as you'd think, though certainly no bed of roses.

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 06:48 AM
Ira

Hi Bee,<BR> The kids might like to go up to the top of the Arch de Triomphe.

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 07:49 AM
junebug

Bee, if they're girls and they like to shop, take them to Gallerie Lafayette. It's a French version of a mall and it's utterly fab! I loved it and there are plenty of very cool, trendy boutiques there for teen girls.