Paris - Which hotel?

Old Sep 19th, 2001, 11:03 AM
Sandra

Paris - Which hotel?

I'm travelling to Paris in October and am thinking of staying at Hotel Saint Andre des Arts in the latin quarter. Anyone know anything about this hotel or others to recommend . Thanks in advance. regards, Sandra

Old Sep 19th, 2001, 11:36 AM
Gretchen

Sorry I can't advise about the hotel but if you are going the first 2 weeks you may need to hop right on something since it is fashion weeks.

Old Sep 19th, 2001, 11:41 AM
John G

Gretchen, normally I would say you were correct, but because of the WTC bombing, Fashion Week may be canceled or at least the designers and buyers will meet for private showings. I would think most of the hotels in Paris would be empty. Crillon anyone? JG

Old Sep 21st, 2001, 12:21 PM
Sandra

Hi, I think Gretchen is right I've got some very cheap flights ($23 per person) from Ireland and found that most of the hotels were fully booked, I booked hotel Saint Andre des Arts for myself and my family but found it difficult getting hotels for some friends whom I'd booked flights for!! Not quite on the Crillon range though!!

Old Sep 21st, 2001, 12:36 PM
Capo

Hi Sandra. I haven't stayed in that hotel, so I can't tell you what it's like inside. However, I've walked by it numerous times and can tell you that I think it's in a great central location. Rue St.Andre des Arts is a lively pedestrian street which runs between the Place St.Michel and the wonderful little Rue du Buci street market. I don't know what the windows are like in the hotel, but if you have a room on the street side, you may want to bring earplugs since, as I said, the Rue St.Andres des Arts has a lot of activity.

Old Sep 22nd, 2001, 02:59 AM
Sandra

Thanks Capo, <BR>I'll ask for a room at the back of the hotel! Very happy to know the location is a great one. regards, Sandra

Old Sep 22nd, 2001, 03:44 AM
Gretchen

My answer was a long time ago--actually a lifetime. I have heard from friends in Paris right now that there are many cancellations so it may be more available.