Reload this Page >

Flight Cancelations

Search

Flight Cancelations

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21st, 2001, 06:10 AM
Frank

Flight Cancelations

This is from the BBC site and is only a portion of a long article, but I thought it was valuable information for those taking flights this week. <BR> <BR>Airlines around the world have said they may have to ground their planes because nervous insurers are cancelling war risk cover. <BR>The cost of new cover is likely to rise by several hundred per cent and planes cannot fly without it. <BR> <BR>Airlines including British Airways and Virgin Atlantic said underwriters have given notice that they will cancel cover for war liabilities from midnight Monday. <BR> <BR>UK carriers are locked in talks with Transport Secretary Stephen Byers and insurance bosses in an effort to find a solution. <BR> <BR>The airlines have warned that they might be forced to stop flying from Tuesday unless the government insures them for terrorist acts. <BR> <BR>A government statement is expected later on Friday. <BR>

Old Sep 21st, 2001, 06:15 AM
Ursula

Frank: Thanks for this (bad) info! <BR> <BR>Just heard the same thing about Swissair and KLM. <BR> <BR>So my worries now are not "shall I go" but "can I go"?

Old Sep 21st, 2001, 10:53 AM
Gregory

<BR>According to the updated BBC website, an agreement has been reached and flightls will operate as normal next week <BR> <BR>http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/bus...00/1555741.stm

Old Sep 21st, 2001, 09:49 PM
Andy

Delta has cancelled all flight from JFK to: Brussels,Zurich,Cairo and Tel Aviv until Oct.31 <BR> <BR>United/KLM have cancelled all flight to New Delhi

Old Sep 22nd, 2001, 05:07 AM
Ann

So as long as there's no threat of war, insurers have no problem providing war coverage? What greedy bastards.