Reload this Page >

Paris-Venice Night Train

Search

Paris-Venice Night Train

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22nd, 2001, 03:00 PM
Jane

Paris-Venice Night Train

My husband and I are considering the night train from Paris to Venice in late April. The SNCF offers several choices of class and accomodations? Any suggestions?

Old Mar 22nd, 2001, 04:13 PM
Tony

Follow the old adage "You get what you pay for" and book the best accomodation that your budget will comfortably afford. If it was me I'd be trying for a 2 berth First Class sleeping compartment, as I've reached the stage where extra comfort and privacy are usually worth the extra cost.

Old Mar 23rd, 2001, 07:25 AM
mimi

We have taken a number of night trains throughout Europe and even Turkey. I agree with Tony and we only ride a private compartment, first class. It is worth the extra money to feel safe, have more comfort, and know there will be no sharing your room with strangers.

Old Mar 23rd, 2001, 11:51 PM
btilke

Be advised that thieves could easily be aboard your night train--it's a growing problem. We took the overnight train from Brussels to Lugano and splurged on the private sleeping compartment. The attendant warned us to make sure our door was locked because thieves would try to get in. Sure enough, around 3 am, someone tried our door handle repeatedly. I took a look through the peehole and got a fleeting glimspe of someone sneaking down the corridor. <BR>So if you book one of the less expensive options, pay close attention to your valuables. <BR>Btilke

Old Mar 24th, 2001, 04:17 AM
Rex

Just a reminder, there are now VERY cheap flights from Brussels (Charleroi) to Venice on www.ryanair.com - - for those who might prefer flying to spending 12 hours (more? less? I forget) on a train. <BR> <BR>Best wishes, <BR> <BR>Rex <BR>