Paris Trip for 4 days

Old May 15th, 2007, 04:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paris Trip for 4 days

Mother and daughter (15) going to Paris for 4 days. Any tips would be much appreciated
Old May 15th, 2007, 05:02 AM

If you would like advice, you need to provide more information. Have you even done any research on your own yet, e.g. read a guidebook or read the thousands of threads on Fodors about Paris? Fodorites can be very helpful, but "Do all my travel planning for me" questions are irritating and not very likely to produce useful responses. You would be better off doing some research on your own and then posing specific questions.

When are you travelling? What do you want to know? Hotel advice (specify price range, likes and dislikes, do you have an idea of which neighbourhoods you might want to stay in) or do you want to stay in an apartment? Restaurant recommendations (price range, what kind of cuisine)? How to get there (from where are you travelling)? How to get around? Sightseeing (we'll need to know more about your interests before providing advice)? Shopping (ditto)?
Old May 15th, 2007, 10:53 AM

I agree with the previous post. I just returned from Paris. Four days. I purchased four guide books. Each a different perspective on the same sightseeing destinations. Great learning experience. After your homework, you then can choose what you would like to see. I woul dthen come back to this thread and ask as many questions as you wish.
Old May 15th, 2007, 12:40 PM

Start by clicking on the "destinations" button above and then go to Paris. If you have questions after that feel free to come back and fire away.
Old May 17th, 2007, 04:02 AM
Original Poster

Hi
Here is what we have so far!
Hotel - Hotel Inn Paris Auteuil (Trocadero)
Day 1 Travel to Hard Rock Cafe to pick up City Pass. Gallery Lafayette and Eiffel Tower
Day 2 Arc de Truimph,Louvre, Notre Dame and River Cruise.
Day 3 Asterix Parc
Day 4 Musee d'Orsay and Grevin. Aquarium Tropical de la Port Doree. The Catacoombs.

We wanted to see Parc Andre Citreon but not sure what day is the best and where it is yet. NOt sure how to get from Hotel to Hard Rock cafe ie bus or metro.
Could you advise if what I have so far is do- able. We want time in between to meander and take in the atmosphere. Thanks for yor help
Old May 17th, 2007, 06:54 AM

Musee Grevin and the Hard Rock are next door, so why don't you do those together?

You need a guidebook and a map - then you'd know where Parc Andre Citroen is (in the 15th arrondissement). Or at least go to Google maps and pull it up.

You can enter your hotel address and your destination address in this tool and get transportation directions:
www.ratp.fr

You can download this free brochure from the Paris Tourist Office (it's in sections, and includes all the museums, parks, etc, nearest metro, open/close times and so on).

http://en.parisinfo.com/rub7968.html..._article=20010
(you've got to include this ending to that url: &id_article=20010 )