Paris Tours and Day Trips

Apr 30th, 2002, 05:40 AM
Paul

Paris Tours and Day Trips

Hi,
This will be my first trip to Paris and I would like to now what tour companies people have recommended - Scala Reale equivalents? Also, what are the two must do day trips from Paris.

Thanks,

Paul

Apr 30th, 2002, 07:04 AM
Rex

In alphabetic order:

Chantilly
Chartres
Giverny
Vaux-le-Vicomte
Versailles

No two people will give exactly the same opinions on which are "must-sees" (they all are). You really owe it to yourself to read about these five, at a minimum - - and see what sounds like it will appeal to you most.

Best wishes,

Rex

Apr 30th, 2002, 07:14 AM
mauld

I know it sounds 'touristy', but I would recommend one of those open bus hop on/hop off tours for Paris. I find it gives one a good general idea of the city. I usually try to do this the first day I'm there, especially after a long flight from the US. If my hotel room isn't ready yet, I'll just leave my bags with the front desk, and take one of those buses. I can sit back relax and view Paris. You can get off an on all day with one pass. As far as organized day trips I'm sure others here can help out.

Apr 30th, 2002, 08:36 AM
toppers

Apr 30th, 2002, 08:55 AM
Going2ParisinJune

Michelle: I've looked on the internet for a "hop on, hop off tour", but haven't found such a thing for Paris. Do you have a specific company in mind? Thanks!

Apr 30th, 2002, 09:18 AM
Christina

There are two companies in Paris, most well-known is Opentour (www.paris-opentour.com), the other is Les Cars Rouges (www.lescarsrouges.com)