Paris to Nice in 5 days

Search

Paris to Nice in 5 days

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28th, 2010, 11:41 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paris to Nice in 5 days

My husband and I will be in Paris in April and have 5 days after our stay before needing to be back in London. Am tossing up between just flying to Nice and having 5 days there or working our way via public transport to Nice for the last couple of days. Any suggestions?
Old Sep 28th, 2010, 12:06 PM

Hi Jennywren,
If you take the TGV train, the trip is a bit under 6 hours. I guess a lot depends on how quickly you need or want to get to Nice. There are 6-8 departures from Paris, depending upon day of the week you'll be traveling. I believe even the earliest departure would get you into Nice in the afternoon.

In terms of flights, you can fly EasyJet out of Paris, I think there are about 5 flights a day to Nice. The flight is about an hour and a half.

Only you and your DH can say how strapped for time you may be...

BC
Old Sep 28th, 2010, 12:11 PM

You could take a TGV train in 2.5 hours or so to Avignon, one of the fabled ancient cities of Provence - spend a few days there and then blast onto Nice via TGV and spend a few days there and fly from there to London.
Old Sep 28th, 2010, 12:24 PM

I would either:

- Take the TGV to Dijon & spend 2 nights there, and then the early TGV to Nice (6 hrs). Make sure your stay in Dijon doesn't fall on a Sunday or Monday.

-Take the TGV to Avignon or Aix (3 hrs) & spend 2 nights there, then to Nice. Also - make sure your days in Avignon or Aix don't fall on a Sunday or Monday.

- Spend the entire 5 days in Nice.

If you leave from Paris, I would take the TGV to Nice if you decide to spend the entire 5 days there. The TGV is more relaxing than an airport/flight, and "door to door" will get you to Nice in almost the same time.

Stu Dudley
Old Sep 28th, 2010, 01:06 PM
Original Poster

Thanks guys, don't particularly want to fly so all of the above suggestions are great! I had a 3 day visit to Nice last year and loved it but was with my sister who wanted to spend all her time sitting on the beach so I am itching to get back and explore further.