Paris to Lourdes

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20th, 2002, 09:29 AM
victor rodriguez

Paris to Lourdes

HY!<BR>How to travel from Paris to Lourdes, France?<BR>

Old Feb 20th, 2002, 10:29 AM
Julie

You can get there by TGV in 5 hours. Or you can take an overnight train that takes 8 hours. Or you can fly in about 1.5 hours, but I never did fly. I only took the trains.<BR><BR>I prefer the 5 hour day trip to the overnight trip. But the overnight trip was quite an experience.<BR><BR>If you take an overnight train, consider paying extra for 1st class sleeper if you are clostrophobic.<BR><BR>I completely forget the cost of the train rides. But I do remember that the couchette for the overnight trip cost about an additional $20 USD. Also, the hotels and restaurants in Lourdes are drastically cheaper than Paris.

Old Feb 20th, 2002, 11:47 AM
elvira

You can drive, check<BR>http://www.mappy.fr/direct/mappy/accueil<BR> for routes, distances, times, costs (tolls and gas) and things to see along the way

Old Feb 20th, 2002, 02:30 PM
Laurina

Hello, victor. My husband and I went to Lourdes from Paris last May. We took the TGV from Montparnasse. The trip was about 5 hours. The cost was 103euros round trip for the two of us. I think the train left around 10:00 A.M.<BR>Have a great trip!

Old Feb 28th, 2002, 07:43 AM
topper

topping