Paris to Lenk by Train???

Oct 24th, 2007, 01:34 PM
Original Poster

Paris to Lenk by Train???

Can any of you Fodorites out there help me find whether I can travel from Paris to Lenk by train (4 Jan 08) and where I go to discover timetables, fares etc etc. Thanking you in advance, Auss
Oct 24th, 2007, 01:48 PM
ira

Hi A,

Timetables at www.bahn.de.com

Tickets at www.voyages-sncf.com

Oct 24th, 2007, 01:51 PM

Hi Auss,

You can find the schedule at the Swiss rail site at

www.rail.ch

Basically, you take the TGV either to Basel (then continue via Spiez and Zweisimmen) or to Geneva (and continue via Montreux and Zweisimmen).

You can get the fares for the Swiss trips at the same site. You can get the TGV fares at either www.voyates-sncf.com or the TGV site.

This is a lovely area. I spent a day biking the area around Zweisimmen and really plan to return to bike to Lenk. Just lovely.

s
Oct 24th, 2007, 02:06 PM

For complete timetables,go to www.bahn.de. Click on English on the drop-down menu in the upper right-hand corner. Enter Paris and Lenk im Simmental as your departure and arrival points. After you get summary timetables, click on "Details for all" to see the connecting points. You'll have several routes from which to choose.

To get fares for any Paris-Switzerland first leg, go to www.voyages-sncf.com. Click on the British flag in the lower left-hand corner. For the rest of the legs you should be able to get fares at www.sbb.ch/en.

New timetables will take effect throughout Europe around 10 December. If entering 4 January doesn't work, enter a date in the first week of December to get sample routes and fares.
Oct 27th, 2007, 05:05 PM

We did this trip in March but the other way (Lenk to Paris). The Swiss rail attendant in Lenk routed us to Geneve and then up to Paris. We were able to connect to a high speed train so it didn't take as long as I feared. I approached the Lenk station and they took my information. They told me to come back in an hour or so and when I did they had the route all figured out. But that is the Swiss system. Good luck.