Paris to Bayeux

Old Feb 25th, 2007, 03:13 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paris to Bayeux

Is it possible to take the train from Paris to Bayeux, take a cab to hotel and then rent a car? We have five people (four adults and one child) and cannot all fit in one car with luggage. Any suggestions for a car rental company and should we book from the states?

Thank you. Karen
Old Feb 25th, 2007, 04:48 PM

Absolutely book a car in advance. In europe most are standard versus automatic and it sounds like you will need a minivan to get around. Or - are you just driving around Bayeux and then dumping the car?

Even if the latter you MUST book in advance - much better prices, better choice of car (you will need at least an intermediate for 4 adults) and better chance at getting an auromatic - assuming you preer one.

We always use Hertz (have given up on Avis) but I think you need to do some research on who has offices in Bayeaux - preferably the largest to have best choice of car.
Old Feb 25th, 2007, 04:56 PM

Trains from Paris to Bayeux leave from the St. Lazare station. The frequency is about every two hours and the trip takes about two hours.
Old Feb 25th, 2007, 05:37 PM

Where are you staying? perhaps they could tell you where to book a car. We stayed at Chateau de lignerolles, and Roel booked the car for us at the BP gas station (Scauto) in Bayeux, it was next to the train station. Bayeux seemed rather small to have a lot of rental agencies. If your hotel can't help, then maybe you could take the train to Caen and get the car there. Caen, I think, is just one stop before Bayeux on the train.
Old Feb 28th, 2007, 03:39 PM
Original Poster

We are staying at the Hotel D'Argouges. My husband boked via internet. Perhaps we should e-mail with a request to bok us a large car. We want to drive to DDay sites, honfleur. We are then going to Disney- but we probably cannot turn in the car there. So we will use the car for three days in Normandy and then take the train to Disney.

Does this sound lik a good plan?
Old Feb 28th, 2007, 03:53 PM

I just checked www.autoeurope.com , it looks like you could pick a car up at the Caen rail station and drop it off at disney/marne la vallee. That seems fairly simple to do. Caen is really close to Bayeux.