My husband and I will be taking 11 days for our honeymoon in late September. We arrive early morning in Paris and have scheduled our departing flight out of Barcelona. We are having a very difficult time figuring out an itinerary. We would like to make one stop inbetween Paris and Barcelona. I am going crazy doing research. I just want to do it all. I am a little worried we won't feel that we have seen beautiful scenery if we spend all our time between Paris and Barcelona, we want to see some land and country inbetween. Some of my ideas are below, but really we are open to anything that fits in our time constraint.
1. Wish we could belnd in with the locals. Always looking for an authentic cultural experience.
2. We live by good food and good scenery. We could probably plan the entire trip based on unique restaurants.
3. History is interesting, but mostly going in one and out the other. Seen one church/historical sight, seen them all.
Below are my ideas:
1. Drive (so that we have the choice to stop and enjoy) from Paris to Zurich (or Geneva) through Alsace. Spend 2 days in this region. Fly from Zurich to Barcelona.
2. Drive from Paris to Geneva through Burgundy. Spend 2 days in this region. Fly from Geneva to Barcelona.
3. Fly from Paris to Cinque Terre region of Italy. Spend 2 days in this region. Fly from Cinque Terre to Barcelona.
4. Fly from Paris to Vienna. Spend 2 or 3 days in this region. Fly to Barcelona.
5. Fly from Paris to Barcelona, rent a car and explore the Pyrenees and maybe Basque Country.
Thank you for your help.
- very confused!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AOL 1800:681:7208 password reset contact Tec*h supp0rt 24/7
- 2 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 3 Trenitalia - lost and found
- 4 Wierd Europe map
- 5 Where to stay for Mont Saint-Michel
- 6 Lost property at Fiumicino airport Rome
- 7 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 8 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 9 First time in Normandy & Brittany
- 10 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 11 Ham tacos and the toilet isn't sucking mud
- 12 Transportation in Brittany
- 13 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 14 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 15 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 16 Paris Apartment
- 17 Chinese new year festivities in Paris
- 18 Milan airport--which one
- 19 Which Area in London?
- 20 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 21 Visit to France
- 22 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 23 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 24 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 25 family trip to Germany and more