Paris to Barcelona in 14 Days

Old Nov 10th, 2017, 12:55 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paris to Barcelona in 14 Days

My husband and I are traveling in late April - early May. We fly into Paris and out of Barcelona. We'd like some suggestions on how long to stay in each city and where to go/what to do in between. Any suggestions on travel methods would be appreciated as well. We are comfortable renting a car and driving. We are in our late 20s and would like a variety of sights and activities such as visiting vineyards, chateaus, museums, hiking, kayaking, etc. Thanks!
Old Nov 10th, 2017, 01:12 PM

Note that if you rent a car in Paris and plan on dropping it off in Barcelona, there is a hefty drop off fee. The best option would be to drop the car off in the south of France, Nimes, Narbonne or Perpignan would do, and take the train into Barcelona from there.
Old Nov 10th, 2017, 01:32 PM

There is a train that will take you direct from Paris to Barcelona. We spent some time in Paris, took the train to Nice and then after a few days there, we took the train from Nice to Barcelona. This was a much longer train trip as part of the trip was on slower regional trains, I am not necessarily suggesting you do that.

With 14 days you could split your time in half. There is plenty to do in and around both Paris and Barcelona for about 7 nights each. Although suggestion above may suit your travel interests better.
Old Nov 10th, 2017, 02:20 PM

Renting a car in France and dropping it off in Spain is a terrible idea because of the hefty drop-off fee. Depending on your interests there is plenty to see and do between your arrival and departure points: The Atlantic coast of France (La Rochelle, Bordeaux and Arcachon and Cap Ferret and Bayonne and St-Jean-de-Luz; or cross over and meander through the Languedoc and explore the Mediterranean cities and villages.

I would do this by train, but you may want a car for a few days to explore smaller regions.If by train, learn about how to get the best discounts by buying tickets in advance.
Old Nov 10th, 2017, 03:10 PM

Airplanes.
EasyJet is ok - check the link gage limitations and adapt price ticket if need be.
Old Nov 10th, 2017, 03:18 PM

You mean check the luggage limitations - yes, they are onerous if you travel heavy.
Old Nov 10th, 2017, 04:06 PM

Yep. Fick the autocorrect.
Damn.
Old Nov 30th, 2017, 01:39 AM

I agree with other responses, splitting your time in half will be a perfect decision for both cities, there's so much to see and do both in Paris and Barcelona The best idea for transport will be definetely a speed train, there's a direct one from Paris to Barcelona and in case of money and time it'll be the most convinient way for you. A plane could be a decision too, however it'll be more expensive so decide according to your trip budget.
I can't say much about Paris, we had a rather short stop there during our last vacation but I can give you some recommendations about Barcelona. It's a very nice city with amazing beaches and many sightseeings, you can stay there in a hotel or rent an appartment. But you should know that many hotels there aren't very comfortable for tourists because of their location, I can recommend in this case only Plaça de Catalunya which is situated in the city's center. Renting an appartment is a cool idea too but be careful with choosing only the legal ones, in other case you can be kicked from it right in the middle of you vacation and that's really unpleasant, from our own experience we can recommend this service https://www.lugaris.com/en/lugaris-r...eople-premium/ , during our trip we stayed in a very comfortable flat near the beach and it was cool for morning sunbathing and swimming (during you time I think that you will be able to enjoy with theur beaches too).
There are many tours for tourists, in case of local sightseeings you will have really many places to see. Museums, parks, various historical monuments and buildings, that's all about Barcelona. And there are also special wine and gourmet tours, I really recomennd to try at least several of them, especially the ones devoted to their true local cuisine.