Reload this Page >

Paris Rush-Hour: any insight?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20th, 1999, 02:25 PM
Al

Be careful. Look out for men or women with coats draped over their arms. They are pickpockets. Stare at them. Engrave their faces into your memory. <BR>Edge your way to the door. Get off quickly, facing the car. Keep watching; they may follow you. We know from experience.

Old Jan 20th, 1999, 10:24 PM
Trina

Don't even think about driving during it . <BR>

Old Jan 21st, 1999, 06:25 AM
Kelly

Sorry, my original message didn't post. Thanks for the replies. <BR>

Old Jan 21st, 1999, 01:26 PM
Bob

I have driven during Paris rush hour - you don't want to! I often wait until the early morning rush is over before heading out - it makes the Metro far easier for example.

Old Jan 21st, 1999, 06:09 PM
lynn

Kelly... <BR> <BR>This is not meant as a scare, but Al is right. Don't be intimidated. Many crooks rely on you being a weakling so they can pounce. If they think you are watching, they will be less likely to bother you. When we were in Paris the Metro was incredibly packed. Does the word "Sardine" mean anything to you? <BR> <BR>Once, my husband even wedged himself between me and this guy because it appeared as though he was trying to "cop a feel". Lets put it this way, I was pushed against a pole (my front side) and this guy started moving his hand down the pole acting like he was getting a better grip. Yeah, right! Don't be afraid, just be aware and prepared. <BR> <BR>I wish someone would have warned me about how packed it was. I'm used to driving a car so being packed in with so many people I don't know was something to get used to. <BR> <BR>On a lighter note, Paris is beautiful, I can't wait to get back! I'm sure you'll have a blast.