Reload this Page >

Paris: restaurant recommendations

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19th, 2001, 10:32 AM
zandra

Will be spending a week in Paris late June. Looking for bistor and other restaurant recommendations...also recommendations neighborhoods to explore and delightful experiences ...

Old Apr 19th, 2001, 02:19 PM
Parker

Try the 11th. Oberkampf area.Le Villaret,Cafe Charbon and L'Os a Moelle.Good luck.

Old Apr 20th, 2001, 05:39 AM
John

Zandra: <BR>Had lunch last Saturday at Thermidor. Across the street from the Louvre. Menu is in French and in English. Sounds like what you're looking for. Quaint atmosphere and great food. Also very friendly service and prices. I recommend the duck confit. <BR>John

Old Apr 20th, 2001, 05:55 AM
Phil Bregman

Zandra: <BR> <BR>My wife and I just returned from Paris on Tuesday. Here are some places we tried, all of which were good. <BR> <BR>1. Rue Balzac <BR>2. L'etoile <BR>3. Maison Blanche

Old Apr 20th, 2001, 06:28 AM
Ruth

We had a wonderful lunch at Chez d'Eux on the Avenue Lowenthal near the Invalides last May. Waiters didn't appear to speak any English but it didn't matter. The owner spoke at least three languages and we managed to communicate with the waiters in our tourist book french and by pointing.

Old Apr 20th, 2001, 08:29 AM
nancy

We were in Paris in October. It was the trip of a lifetime. We had budget restrictions(the canadian dollar is not great!) We were staying in the 5th, and all the restaurants we chose were within walking distance, and none was expensive. We especially liked La Chanterelle, Le Petit Prince , Le Bistro de la Sorbonne(Moroccan) and Perraudin. People were friendly, and we hardly ever had to use my french lessons! I hope you enjoy your trip.

Old Apr 20th, 2001, 12:20 PM
Eva

I loved Cafe Marly beside the Louvre for lunch - sexy waiters that don't speak english, wonderful food and perfect view...tres magnifique!

Old Apr 23rd, 2001, 07:41 PM
paulie

Chez Catherine-any comments?

Old Apr 24th, 2001, 12:49 AM
Ursula

Paulie: If you speak about Chez Cathérine at Place du Marché Sainte Catherine -- I guess in the 4th -- I hear from a very good friend that it must be a very nice parisian bistrot. <BR>Go to <BR>www.parisavenue.com and then "restaurants" (?). You should find it somewhere. There was an interesting article about Place du Marché Ste-Cathérine. I read about it on the French site and hope it figures as well on the English site. <BR> <BR>