Paris - resonable priced restaurants

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27th, 2005, 04:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guess, this question has been asked several times??

Does anyone know a good french restaurant in Paris for about € 100/person (including the wine) - and a english menu.

Thx a lot - leaving for a weeks holiday next tuesday.

Old Apr 27th, 2005, 04:34 AM

There are lots of restaurants that meet your needs. Many bistros have prix fixe menus for about E30. That would allow you to stay under E100 for two persons, including wine. Some that we have liked and that fit your needs include L'Epi Dupin and Bistro d'Odeon in the 6th, Le Pre Verre in the 5th, La Fontaine de Mars, Bistro du 7eme, Clos des Gourmets and L'Affriole in the 7th, Le Pamphlet in the Marais, and L'Avant Gout in the 13th. Have your hotel make reservations when you arrive. Don't worry about the English menu, although some have them. Waiters in all of these restaurants speak English and can help you with your order. Enjoy Paris!
Old Apr 27th, 2005, 04:37 AM
ira

Hi S,

100E/person is a very generous budget.

You can have lunch at Taillevent for that price.

Try entering "Paris AND Restaurant" (without quotes) in the "search ths forum" box.

Old Apr 27th, 2005, 06:00 AM

When we were in Paris last year some friends who live there suggested Seraphim. We found it to be excellent though it was cheaper than what you want to spend. It was near St sulpice--a small neighborhood restaurant and you will not see any tourists there.
Old Apr 27th, 2005, 06:30 AM

Silvia:

100 Euros/person makes for a very nice meal. I have a few favorites which come in at less than your budget:

La Ferme des Mathurins: Rue Vignon 8th arrond. Lovely place in business since 1945. Old fashioned Burgundian type food with fairly large portions. i.e rillettes de oie are served via a pie spatula! It's not flashy and a bit dowdy, but it is one of my favorites old school Parisian places to eat.

2) Auberge Etchegorry: Rue Croulebarbe in the 13th arrond. Basque food in a lovely setting on a quiet street. Marvelous cassoulet and other French/Basque specialties.

Drop me a line if you need some other places to go chow down..

Regards.
Luis
Old Apr 27th, 2005, 07:30 AM

The last time we were there (October) we had some very good meals at:

> Claude Sain Louis 27, rue du Dragon in the 6th- 01-45-48-29-68 Made reservation at hotel desk.
> le Relais de l'Entrecote 20, rue Sain-Benoit no reservations- go a little early to avoid a long line- just steak and frittes (seconds and thirds if you like) in 6th also
> Castel Cafe- 5 avenue de Suffrien in the 7th- 01-47-34-16-98 in the 7th near Eiffel Tower. An entry, a dish, and a dessert.
> A La Petite Chaise- 36, rue de Grennelle in the 7th- 01 42-22-13-35 Traditional cusine .. Metro- Severes-Babylone.
We either walked or took metro to all.
Try one... especially the first two.
Old Apr 27th, 2005, 07:46 AM

If you're in the Louvre area, I can recommend Le Fumoir, Rivoli & Adm. Coligny Blvds., east end of the Louvre... Great food - easy on your budget.
Old Apr 27th, 2005, 09:34 AM

Hi Silvia:

Last week we got back from 8 days in Paris and we didn't have many days where we spent €100 for the day for 2 of us, let alone a dinner at €100 each.

We generally had breakfast at a cafe near our hotel (Cafe Richard, at the corner of Haussmann/Richelieu in the 2nd, as it was near the metro station) and that was under €10 ... we'd have lunch in the area we'd tour (generally a mid-afternoon lunch and in the €20-€50 range) and a late dinner (almost always in the Haussmann-Montmarte-Bonne Nouvelle area near our hotel and in the €40-€60 range).

Our French was week (almost non-existant) and at every resturant there was either English 'subtitles' on the main menus or an English version of the menu (but the daily specials would be on a charlk board in French), only twice did we encounter a waiter that didn't speak English and wasn't a problem. Aside from where we had breakfast, we only at at a resturant once but we wouldn't of hesitated going back to any of them as the food/atmosphere was fantastic in all (so we wanted to try as many as possible).

And of note - we always got seated quickly & got menues quickly but needed to call the waiter over to order and once done they quickly cleared the tabel but again needed to call the waiter over for the bill. At first we thought this a little strange/anoying given our 'north american' lifestyle, but we quickly noticed the local people would chat for a while before ordering & for a long time after finishing eating and the waiters were accomidating that. So once we got into that more relaxed pace (rather than the north american approach of trying to get people in/out as quickly as possible to reuse the table) it was quite relaxing.

Have a great trip.

Z
Old Apr 28th, 2005, 01:02 AM
Original Poster

thx, for the recommendations.
I know my priceline is high - but it just one evening and a present - and there for it should be something special.

thx
Old Apr 28th, 2005, 04:05 AM

<<Our French was week>>

Your FRENCH?
Old Apr 28th, 2005, 05:24 AM

Then you might go to Tour d'Argent or Jules Verne. Watch the wine selection but I think you can do it for that.