Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Paris- Recent Experience at Dokhans or Le Parc

Mar 16th, 2007, 01:51 PM
Original Poster

Thanks to the op for suggesting the new Thanks to the op for suggesting the new title!
Has anyone stayed in either hotel recently? I understand Le Parc hasn't been renovated since '92. I'm looking for well priced luxury and both hotels are well priced...
Mar 16th, 2007, 04:47 PM
Original Poster

ttt
Mar 17th, 2007, 09:27 AM

I stayed at Le Parc a few times in 2006, is that recent enough? Anyway, my rooms were fine, very comfortable, good service, nice amenities. Fairly traditional in style, nothing cutting edge like Le Walt or Hotel Sezz. Dokhan's decor is a little too "stripey" for me. But the champagne bar is great.
One caveat about Le Parc; they don't have a lot of staff working checkin. If you happen to be checking in while a bunch of people are checking out (usually business travelers who are leaving en masse), the wait can be fairly long. In that case, best to leave your luggage with the bell staff, go down to the Place Victor Hugo or Trocadero for a coffee, then come back when the crowd has thinned out.
Don't forget the Sofitel Baltimore is in that vicinity as well. That one has been updated more recently, I think. And if budget allows, the Sofitel Le Faubourg is even more luxurious...they used the same interior designer as the George V. We usually stay at Le Parc because we drive into Paris with our dog and we like the 16th, but of all the Sofitels in Paris, Le Faubourg would be my first choice.
Mar 17th, 2007, 09:51 AM

Forgot to add, I found the standard sized rooms small, although charming. Very comfortable for a single (esp. by Paris hotel standards), but maybe a little too small for a double. When I travel with my husband, we're upgraded to larger rooms.
Have you signed up for the free Sofitel card? You should if it's not too soon before your trip. Aside from the points and the free welcome drink, I like the late checkout benefit (up to 4 pm).
Mar 17th, 2007, 11:14 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much. This was just the kind of information I was looking for.
No guaranteed dollar rate at the Baltimore or Faubourg, sadly! I may just go with an apartment...