Ekscrunchy aka Carlo the limo driver?

Mar 17th, 2007, 07:35 AM
Original Poster

Ekscrunchy aka Carlo the limo driver?

There is a post on Frommer's entitledquot;Romeinlimo from Rome to Florence" in which the Frommer's Editor says,
"Following deeper research, I discovered that entire threads and unattributed articles from Boston.com, Fodors.com, Cruisecritic.com and other travel sites were being reposted here by "ekscrunchy" (aka, Carlo, one of the drivers for Romeinlimo) and multiple other usernames."

What's up with that? Have you been hijacked or do you have a secret identity?
Mar 17th, 2007, 07:46 AM

Wow!!! I will have to think about hiring a copyright lawyer. Who the heck in Carlo the limo driver? I have never used that company but did use Rome Shuttle Limos and wrote about them. And I certainly did not take a limo from Rome to Florence. And I have never posted on Frommer's, or read Boston.com.

Would you mind giving me the link to that post on Frommer's so I can check it out. This is very annoying!
Mar 17th, 2007, 07:56 AM

Lovisa, thanks..I found the post and actually registered on Frommer's just to post a disclaimer!

How and why the heck would someone else use my, or anyone else's name? (The name is ridiculous enough that I cannot imagine someone else wanting to use it but that is another story!) And why did they let me register using that name if someone else already has it....hmmmm...

Thanks for alerting me...I hope I can rescue my good name!
Mar 17th, 2007, 07:56 AM

http://www.frommers.com/cgi-bin/[email protected]^[email protected]

And "you" have even been posting there five minutes ago, a mysterious two-letter message reading "ww" (????).

LOL - don't take that too seriously, ek, it's just a proof that you've actually become famous on the www!!!!
Mar 17th, 2007, 07:59 AM

I see the link doesn't work... they have a strange way of naming thread URLs on Frommer's! Just copy and paste this whole ?*//%&.## thing into your browser...
Mar 17th, 2007, 08:08 AM

Franco, the "ww" was actually me, just testing before I actually registered. And then I posted the disclaimer.

By the way, I can give you a very nice price on a private limo from Venice to Rome!!!!
Mar 17th, 2007, 09:01 AM

ek, excuse me for sending in senseless posts - your 11.56 post didn't appear on my screen until I HAD already posted my 11.59 addition, I swear it. Kind of a www conspiracy against you, ek? Seriously, I'm absolutely convinced that Frommer's fake ekscrunchy has stolen your name following your wonderful January trip report here on Fodor's - that has just made you a famous www Rome expert (no kidding)!
Mar 17th, 2007, 09:06 AM

Franco, you are too kind. And because of this, I am prepared to offer you a 10% discount on the limo ride.

ekscrunchy

ps. I have a new restaurant for you; what do you think..shall we splurge on the seal??

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...17/wfood17.xml
Mar 17th, 2007, 09:09 AM

Btw, did I ever mention that Venetian friend who goes EVERYWHERE by taxi, even as far as Milano? He, of course, has "his" limoservice with special prices, too... so with your generous offer, ek , I have now two limo services to choose from should I ever be in the mood of spending half a year's income on going from Venice to Rome by taxi...
Hmmm, honestly, I'd rather spend that fortune on the seal dish you're proposing!
Mar 17th, 2007, 09:34 AM

All right, Franco...name the date and we will reserve a table!

And I will now make you an offer you cannot refuse:
15% off my special limo service Venice-Rome. With dinner at Checchino upon arrival.

Mar 17th, 2007, 10:34 AM

EK:

With all of this unwanted notoriety, I think it's time for you to take an exiting vacation. May I suggest, a few days in sunny Seoul, a week or so in booming Beijing, ending with 5 or 6 days in sultry Shanghai????

Stu T.
Mar 17th, 2007, 10:35 AM

...make that "exciting" , of course.
Mar 17th, 2007, 11:21 AM

Excellent idea, Stu. I was thinking the same thing!!!