Search

Paris proposal

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 07:12 AM
Brett

Paris proposal

I will be in Paris from 2/15-2/20 with my girlfriend and her family. I want to propose to her while we are there, but have been trying to think of other places than the obvious...Eifell Tower, random spot along the seine, etc.<BR><BR>Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Special restaurants, spots, events, etc.??<BR><BR>THANKS!!!!

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 07:17 AM
jill

Brett<BR>try doing the text search, there were a few threads this past year on this subject.<BR>My suggestion is to ask while taking a Bateau Mouche ride.

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 07:27 AM
Jamie

I love that idea...a romantic spot could be on Pont Neuve...its one of the most beautiful bridges over the Seine...gorgeous

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 07:28 AM
Eye Spy

Brett: what a great idea! Congratulations (in advance!). If you plan to propose outdoors, a very nice, romantic and quiet spot is Place de Furstemberg. Take the m&eacute;tro to Saint-Germain-des-Pr&eacute;s. Walk along rue de l'Abbaye past the famous Rubelli fabric store, then take first left. Place de Furstemberg is a lovely square -- there used to be benches in the center but they were taken out in 1990 because of the clochards sleeping on them. Another romantic spot to propose would be the Pont des Beaux-Arts at sunset or on the Pont Alexandre III at sunset (the hustle and bustle of the traffic and the beautiful gilded dome of the Invalides lend a great Parisian atmosphere). As for a restaurant, might I suggest during tea and macaroons at Ladur&eacute;e on rue Royale (you may be able to tell the owners in advance and slip them the ring so they bring it out on a covered dish or something and set it before her) or during tea at Mariage-Fr&egrave;res, 30 rue du Bourg-Tibourg in the Marais (4th arrondissment)(nice quiet, very well known Parisian tea salon that remains reasonably quiet with excellent service. They offer over 200 varieties of tea to choose from). Check them out at www. mariage-freres.fr Or during dessert at Brasserie Lipp on Boulevard Saint-Germain across the street from Caf&eacute; de Flore and Aux Deux Magots? Perhaps you can go to Brasserie Lipp beforehand without your girlfriend and arrange some scheme with the staff. I'm sure they would oblige quite happily!

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 07:41 AM
Pam

There is also at the top of Notre Dame or simply coming out of Notre Dame and turning back towards the church.Mariages is a great idea as are the others listed..try &quot;Te de Eros&quot; or &quot;Te de Valentine&quot; or some other blend that hints at your intentions. You can also simply go the Mariages and buy teas which in itself is an experience. You can check out the store/salon before going and see if they can arrange something for you. You do &quot;got ham&quot;..go for it!

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 09:20 AM
iluvparis

Why don't you propose near sacre couer? it is so beatiful, especially on the stairs in front of it. or anywhere in montmarte would be nice. my fiance proposed on the eiffel tower last year and it really isn't cliche as it sounds. good luck.

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 10:45 AM
Steven

In the park at Versailles. No traffic or noise. You don't want to be proposing as the captain of the bateaux turns on his microphone to tell you which bridge you are approaching. Plus, you can lose her family quite easily.

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 02:11 PM
Bob C

Pont Neuve at sunset as the lights of Paris come on.

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 02:44 PM
Marie

Pont Neuf would be even better.

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 04:02 PM
s.fowler

I'm with Bob C and Marie.

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 04:05 PM
xxx

Am I the only one who believes you should have a wonderful romantic evening, a great dinner, a stroll along the Seine, then return to your hotel, have the most passionate night of lovemaking you've ever had, then turn to her and say you want to marry her, instead of the usual rolling over and going to sleep?

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 04:19 PM
Grasshopper

Geesh xxxx, Her parents will be there!<BR><BR>Brett, if she wants to marry you trust me, it won't matter where you pop the question. She will be walking on clouds. That said, a friend of mine was proposed to in front of Notre Dame and thought it was amazing.

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 06:37 PM
TheHairdressers

My husband grabbed me and kissed me on the Pont Neuf and if he had asked I would have said yes again