Paris private tour

Mar 25th, 2001, 03:57 PM
Meg

Paris private tour

I am going to Paris with two friends in early September 2001. I have been there many times but this is their first trip. My travel agent recommended a private all day tour of the city (for them). Has anyone ever done this? Is it worth it and is there any specific car service you would recommend? Is there anything special you would suggest seeing that is not so easily accessible by metro or bus?

Mar 25th, 2001, 04:03 PM
StCirq

How much does this tour cost and why does it require a car? There is not much of special interest in Paris that is not easily accessible by métro or bus (or RER). Have you considered a personal guide? If so, I know of two excellent ones who work for ParisVision but who freelance for much less. (Is this advertising? Don't mean it to be - just an insider tip).

Mar 25th, 2001, 04:14 PM
Rex

St.Cirq,

If you don't mind, might have info on those friends of yours. I tried to find a "private guide" for my dad about a year and a half ago, and didn't have any luck. It was short notice, and I didn't try very hard (only contacted a handful of friends in France).

But I still might like to know, for future reference.

Mar 25th, 2001, 05:00 PM
StCirq

Rex:

Information forwarded to your e-mail address, as I suspect it might violate Fodor's advertising rules.

Mar 25th, 2001, 05:06 PM
Rex

Thanks (and apparently you understood the missing words in "I might like to have...").

Best wishes,

Rex

Mar 25th, 2001, 05:21 PM
StCirq

Yes, apparently I did, though I didn't necessarily know I did.

Mar 26th, 2001, 03:20 AM
wendy

Hi Meg!

The BEST guide I know in Paris is at

www.parispersonalized.com

She has a long list of clients with high regard for her knowledge and ability to show you a side of Paris you never knew ...

Let me know!
Wendy

Mar 26th, 2001, 06:43 AM
Lisa

StCirq
I would also be interested in such a "tour". Would you please email me the information too? I am meeting some friends in Paris and they will only be there for a few days. This seems like a great way for them to make the most of their short stay.

Mar 26th, 2001, 03:54 PM
Meg

StCirq - thanks for responding and please e-mail your information to me also. The car and driver was my travel agent's suggestion. The friend I'm traveling with has never been to Paris and thought this was a nicer way to get acclimated rather than on a bus with earphones, etc. Personally, I don't care and it's probably very expensive anyway.

Thanks Wendy - I'll try that site too.

Meg