Search

Paris or Rome ?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22nd, 2000, 09:18 AM
Shelly

Paris or Rome ?

Some Friends and I have a choice between going to Paris for a week or going to Rome for a Week. We are all in our late 20s and like art, music, good food, culture, etc. but we also like a good night life atmosphere. Which would you choose?

Old Dec 22nd, 2000, 09:47 AM
Italy lover

Paris

Old Dec 22nd, 2000, 09:52 AM
paris

<BR> <BR>PARISPARISPARISPARISPARISPARISPARISPARIS

Old Dec 22nd, 2000, 09:56 AM
elvira

Paris

Old Dec 22nd, 2000, 10:04 AM
Cindy

Did anyone mention Paris?

Old Dec 22nd, 2000, 10:04 AM
Carol

Paris--oui oui oui

Old Dec 22nd, 2000, 10:09 AM
shelly

Can anybody tell me Why you would choose Paris?

Old Dec 22nd, 2000, 10:42 AM
Bill I

The question: PARIS? or Rome? The answer: PARIS!!! Once you have been to Paris, you will understand that all you have to say is PARIS. But it does have everything you asked for, but do you like French or Italian food, which culture is more attractive to you? Which type of art do you like, more contemporary, or ancient? As for night life, Paris goes all night long. Even if you don't participate in the night life, if you have ever had a room that over looks a street in certain areas, you would know how long the night life goes on.

Old Dec 22nd, 2000, 12:04 PM
dave

Shelly: <BR> <BR>Both are AWESOME in their own ways. However, from your description Paris would be the place to go. <BR> <BR>Promise you'll go to Rome as well some day!! <BR> <BR>Buona Natale!!! (Merry Christmas)

Old Dec 22nd, 2000, 01:25 PM
tina

I think it's a tough call. I'm an Italia-phile. I like Rome, alot. <BR> <BR>However from what you've told us (especially your interest in a good night life), I'd have to agree that Paris is the choice for you and your friends, Shelly. <BR>

Old Dec 22nd, 2000, 01:51 PM
Andrea

Hi! It's sunny Rome here...waiting for u. Come On!

Old Dec 22nd, 2000, 04:41 PM
Jayelle

Paris!

Old Dec 23rd, 2000, 11:35 AM
Randy

Je suis fou de Paris, and after you have been there you will be also.

Old Dec 23rd, 2000, 07:34 PM
Art

ROME,ROME,ROME,ROME,ROME,ROME,ROME,ROME,ROME,ROME, ROME,ROME,ROME <BR>It's so much older that paris, History if fantastic. Of all of the cities I've been visited in Europe and the US 3 cities that feel alive. New Youk (although I'd never live there), Berlin and ROME. <BR>You could easily spent a month in Rome.

Old Dec 27th, 2000, 07:28 AM
carol

Shelly--I probably am a little more in love with Rome than Paris BUT--there is really no night life to speak of for 20-somethings in Rome, while Paris never sleeps--dance clubs, jazz clubs, rock concerts, cafes. So amusez-vous bien!!

Old Dec 27th, 2000, 08:15 AM
Sally

Glad to see I'm not the only one prefering Paris. And I agree, after you've been there you won't have to ask why again. It is wonderful!!!! <BR> <BR>Was in Paris a year and a half ago (too long) and in Rome this past summer. Rome is definately different and I'm glad I went. I loved the old stuff, the forum, the colessum, etc., the Vatican. I could probably go back there someday for a day or so. But Paris---oh my!!! I've been wanting to go back every since I left. One of the few places I wasn't ready to leave by the time came for me to do so. You will love it!!!!

Old Dec 27th, 2000, 10:59 AM
Bob

Paris. No brainer.

Old Dec 27th, 2000, 12:14 PM
K-

Paris, of course, no question!! You will love it.