Search

Paris, one night near

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27th, 2008, 06:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paris, one night near

I need one night near:
1. Hôtel Langlois (Hôtel Des Croisés)63, rue Saint Lazare - 75009 PARIS - FRANCE
2. or : near the gare de lyon in paris as I am going to decize.

OR: Can i make it from NY city to Decize ion one day? I am confused. Help!
CatMeow
Old Aug 27th, 2008, 06:32 AM

There is a train to Nevers every hour with a connection to Decize. The whole trip takes 2h45, so you can easily get there on the same day as you arrive.
Old Aug 27th, 2008, 06:37 AM

You'll have to come into Paris from CDG to Gare de Lyon, then take the train, transferring in Nevers.

So you might think about your reaction to jet-lag from your overseas flight, familiarity with navigating the RER from CDG to Paris, then to Gare de Lyon and onwards.

Tickets and schedules can be found on
http://www.voyages-sncf.com/
(go into the url and change LANG=FR to LANG=UK to proceed in English).
Old Aug 28th, 2008, 06:38 AM
Original Poster

thank you so much, you are quite right. Do you know how I might find a hotel really close to the one my firends are staying at, in my post? I am very grateful to you for your kind help.
CB
Old Aug 28th, 2008, 06:43 AM
wug

Your friend's hotel is in the 9th Arrrondissement. Here are two websites that list hotels by the Arrondissement. You can search through those and see which is close to your friend's.

http://www.laterooms.com/en/k1719657...nt-hotels.aspx

http://www.parishotelsfrance.com/indexUS.html

Old Aug 28th, 2008, 10:19 AM

Is there some reason you don't want to stay at the Langlois, or don't they have room? It's not really the best location for leaving from Gare de Lyon, so I would going to recommend hotels very near the Gare de Lyon, actually.

But if you really want to be near Hotel Langlois, unfortuantely, there aren't a lot of hotels right within a block or two of that one, I don't think (I have stayed there). Also, there are some like the Concorde St Lazare which are maybe two blocks, but might be too expensive for you, or don't you care.

I guess the best hotels within 2-3 blocks are the Trinite Plaza at 41 rue Jean Baptiste Pigalle (about 3 blocks)
http://www.moulin-rouge-hotel.com/

and the BW Villa Van Gogh at 2 bis Cite Pigalle (about four blocks)

The Hotel Touraine Opera at 73 rue Taitbout (about 3 blocks)
http://www.hoteltouraineopera.com

The Hotel Helios Opera at 75 rue Victoire, about 2 blocks
http://www.hotels-emeraude.com

I think those are the closest.
Old Aug 28th, 2008, 11:26 AM

If you're coming in to CDG, you can take the Air France bus (15&euro direct to GdL, or ride the RER B from Terminal 2 to Gare du Nord and change to the RER D straight to GdL. (8,40&euro

There are trains to Decize departing from GdL all day and into the evening, so making the whole trip in one day would be easy.

Once you get on the train, you can rest and prepare for the remainder of the trip, which will involve at least one train change.
Old Aug 28th, 2008, 02:22 PM
Original Poster

Actually, I guess I wpould rather be close to the stationa s i may ot be able to connect with my friends until the train the next day anyway . . . ideas for hotels near the station?
So grateful for help!
Cat
Old Aug 29th, 2008, 10:03 AM

There are several good budget to moderate hotels very near Gare de Lyon, which would make it easy. If you can't meet up with your friends anyway, I'd really just stay right near Gare de Lyon, it will make it a whole lot easier.

There is a Mercure right at Gare de Lyon, it is basically attached to it. YOu can book that online for only around 100 euro. I was looking for a hotel there recently, and these are the best I found within a short walking distance:

the Mercure right next to it www.mercure.com

Hotel Aurore
13 rue Travesiere
www.aurore-paris-hotel.com

Hotel Lyon Bastille, 3 rue Parrot
www.bastille-paris-hotel.com

Hotel Corail Gare Lyon
23 rue de Lyon near Ledru Rollin www.corail-hotel.fr

Hotel Helvetia 28 bd Diderot
Helvetia helvetia-paris-hotel.com

The last four are within walking distance, a couple blocks. There is also a 2* Ibis hotel not too far away www.ibishotel.com

I stayed at a nice 3*, the Pavillon Bastille right near place de la Bastille which is easy to get to (only one metro stop away), but for one night, I wouldn't bother going there, no reason to (and it was actually pretty noisy being right on a busy street, if you were on that side).