Reload this Page >

PARIS ON WEDNESDAY

Search

PARIS ON WEDNESDAY

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17th, 1999, 05:11 PM
ROB

PARIS ON WEDNESDAY

DECIDED TO GO TO PARIS WEDNESDAY AND HAVE NOT BEEN THERE BEFORE. ANY RECOMMENDATIONS ON A HOTEL $100-$250 PRICE RANGE.

Old Oct 17th, 1999, 06:13 PM
sabrina

Left Bank, Hotel St. Christophe.

Old Oct 17th, 1999, 07:31 PM
monica

Grand Hotel des Balcons, for under $100, near the Metro Odeon on the left bank. Great location near sights, restaurants, and the Buci market. Clean, comfortable, and good location. See my travel page, sites.netscape.net/monicapileggi/homepage

Old Oct 17th, 1999, 08:50 PM
lynn

Hi - <BR> <BR>Highly, highly recommend the Hotel D'Albe at 1 Rue de la Harpe. <BR> <BR>It's in the 5th, Latin Quarter. Some people don't like the tourists in this area but to me, the location is excellent. You are in the heart of the city. The St. Michel metro stop is about 30 yards from the hotel. Very good after a long day wandering around the city. One thing, if you stay around this area, skip the outdoor restaurants. They are set up for the tourists and are no good! <BR> <BR>Price is about $110 - $120 per night. We've stayed there twice. I don't know how they are on short notice. We always booked several weeks ahead. <BR> <BR>Good luck. <BR> <BR

Old Oct 18th, 1999, 04:36 AM
Georgine

<BR>We've enjoyed the Caron de Beaumarchais in the Marais district. It's a small, boutique hotel that is a member of the Hotels de Charme in France. Rooms rates are 710FF to 890FF. There are only 3 rooms on each floor--two face the street and have small balconies (we prefer these to the courtyard rooms in the back).Space may be an issue at this late date. This hotel was featured several years ago in Conde Nast. Lovely room appointments with mini-bar, hairdryer, marble baths. The Marais is a very lively area. Walking distance to Ile St. Louis, Ile de La Cite and as well as the Louvre. Skip the pricey hotel breakfast, and walk one block up Rue de Rivoli to the lovely treed square and have breakfast with the locals at the corner cafe. Closest metro--Hotel de Ville-1 1/2 blocks. <BR> <BR>Pictures of the property can be found at:http://www. <BR>paris.serve.tm.fr/hotel/caron-de-beaumarchais/english.htm

Old Oct 18th, 1999, 06:28 AM
Carol

Hi Georgine: <BR> <BR>Can you check the website for the Caron de Beaumarchais - I tried it and it didn't work. <BR> <BR>Thanks, <BR>Carol <BR> <BR> <BR>