Paris Night Tour

Old Feb 10th, 2005, 12:54 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paris Night Tour

Just another question... I am going to Paris in April and I found a tour that takes you down the Seine River by boat at night and then to the Eiffel Tower for Dinner at Altitude 95...? I believe it is. Has anybody been on this tour to know if it is worth it or not??? I found it through Parishotels.com so if anybody knows of any place you trust that might be cheaper, that would be great too. I would really appreciate any input!! Thanks!!

Heather
Old Feb 10th, 2005, 01:28 PM

This is a fun thing to do, especially for a first timer to paris.
Old Feb 10th, 2005, 03:47 PM

Hi
You can do these things separately, I don't know if the combined package is worth it or not. There are several boat lines that run in the evenings:
Bateaux Mouches starts right from the Eiffel Tower and returns there.

Vedettes de Pont Neuf starts from and returns to Pont Neuf, but it does go as far in one direction as the Eiffel Tower, and you get to see it in its lit glory.

Altitude 95 is open for both lunch and dinner. If you go to the Eiffel Tower website you can get more information on it.
Old Feb 10th, 2005, 03:53 PM
Original Poster

Thank you! I didnt even think to post my other question here... Long day at work, so i have another post with this question already but I'll try it here: Do i need to make reservations for Pont Neuf before we go to Paris or do you just go one night and get on the boat??

Heather
Old Feb 10th, 2005, 04:02 PM

You just go and get on the boat.
The embarkation point is a few steps down to water level, behind the equestrian statue of Henri IV, about half-way across the bridge.

You can see the schedule at
www.vedettesdupontneuf.com

If you take a cruise that starts in the evening on the half-hour mark, you will arrive in front of the E.T. a half-hour later, on the hour, in time to see its 10-minute flashing light show.