Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Help going to Paris for a conference,only half a day to tour around?Would I be able to see the Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame in an afternoon

Help going to Paris for a conference,only half a day to tour around?Would I be able to see the Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame in an afternoon

Jan 22nd, 2003, 02:39 AM
michael

Ill be in Paris for a Conference and am only given an afternoon to see the sights. I would like to see the Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame. Would an afternoon be enough to see both these sights?

Jan 22nd, 2003, 02:49 AM
alyssa

Definately do-able. My first time in Paris we only had a day to see the sights. I still can't believe how much ground we covered. My feet were killing but it was well worth it!

Jan 22nd, 2003, 03:49 AM
Pierre

Can you get to the Tower in the morning or early evening? I've never had much of a wait at Notre Dame.

Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:14 AM
michael

Ill be trying to get to the Tower any time in the afternoon to early evening

Jan 22nd, 2003, 05:00 AM
Ryan

Definately agree with the others. The center of Paris is fairly compact and easily negotiable in an afternoon. To save a bit of time, you might want to take a taxi, rather than the train.

With an afternoon, you should also have time to walk the Champs Elysses, also. The Arc De Triomphe (sp?)is interesting as either the starting point or end point of a walk.

Jan 22nd, 2003, 05:06 AM
Eye Spy

I suggest you go to Notre-Dame first. Then walk over to Saint-Michel and hope on the RER C line. Get out at Champs de Mars - Tour Eiffel or simply take a taxi if you are pressed for time. If you take a taxi from Notre-Dame to the Tour Eiffel, the Quais on the rive gauche (Quai Malaguais / Quai Anatole France are one-way and the traffic goes in the direction of the Tour so it is not a long ride and fairly quick. Should you take the RER to the Tour, the RER exit is very close. Have fun.

Jan 22nd, 2003, 06:41 AM
xxx

Yes. It's possible. You can walk from one sight to the other if you have some time. If you're staying near one of the landmarks or in between them it'll be really easy. Have a great time!