paris mid-march

Sep 9th, 2001, 12:28 PM
nancy

paris mid-march

my husband and i would like to go to paris and rome in the middle of march. it's the only time we can get away. will the weather be unpleasantly cold at that time? we'll leave around march 14 and come back a week later. thanks.

Sep 9th, 2001, 12:40 PM
Book Chick

Nancy,
Parisian weather is notoriously fickle, and a lot depends on that you're used to. (I suspect if you're from the southern part of the United States, you're going to find it on the cold side. However, if you're from a locale where you get snow/ice, whatever happens weather-wise in Paris in March should not be a shock you can't handle.)
BC

Sep 9th, 2001, 12:44 PM
Capo

Hi Nancy, I haven't been to Paris in mid-March, but I was there once in mid-February and it was pretty chilly and quite rainy. While I can't say I'd completely avoid going during the winter months, they certainly wouldn't be my first choice.

As for Rome, I was just there this past March and the weather was, for the most part, great: sunny and in the 60s.

Sep 10th, 2001, 08:08 AM
Russell

Nancy,
You may get lucky. We were to Paris a couple of times in mid-March and had mild weather both times. Obviously, you'll have to pack for the possibility of rain or a chill, but it may be fine. Figure on temps in the 50s or 60s and hope for sun. If so, it will be glorious.

Sep 10th, 2001, 08:14 AM
Gretchen

Have been to Paris the past 2 years in March. This year it rained a little every day (but that can happen any time). It was not cold--I would have preferred it be a bit colder. The year before it was almost warm with no rain. As for almost any time of year in Paris, take layers and an umbrella and just enjoy!! Also remember that the buildings are kept very warm (for my taste) so you will want to shed in museums, etc.