Reload this Page >

Paris-Marriott-Champs Elysees

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 04:19 PM
Kathy

Has anyone been there? Or does anyone know anything about it? I'm going in August. What should I expect?

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 04:39 PM
Sue

Business associates stayed there.Similar to other Marriott's in that attractive hotel,many amenities,alot of business travellers.Same people said that Hotel Scribe is more luxurious,more character and prefer it.I think about the same $.That's all I know.

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 04:54 PM
Christina

Well, I've been by it, it's in a prime spot on the Champs-Elysees (not that I would want to stay there, good for business travelers). Extensive renovation of a beautiful older building, although I've heard the interior is entirely modern and has very good service and amenities.

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 04:54 PM
Kathy

Thanks for the advice. Doing this on points as a business traveler. Last time I was in Paris, I stayed in the Latin Quarter, so this will be different. Just wondering if anyone has had experience there -- or near there?

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 07:04 PM
Fred

Here are a whole bunch of comments from various people who stayed there: <BR>Paris Marriott Champs Elysees (4 star right bank)- <BR>Excellent hotel. <BR>Extremely new and "posh". <BR>a beautful hotel <BR>not the most "Parisien" hotel <BR>the rooms were very nice <BR>the nicest Marriott hotel that we have stayed in <BR>staff very helpful <BR>appeals to business travelers <BR>The décor was nice <BR>staff is terribly lacking in professionalism and training. <BR>Most everyone in the hotel speaks English <BR>For more Paris information e-mail me – [email protected] <BR>

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 08:38 PM
legallyblonde

I stayed there on points in January and was not dissappointed. It is the only Hotel on the Champs Elysees. The lobby is very nice. The staff is great the concierge knowledgeable. It is not your run of the mill marriott. <BR> <BR>Marriott Rewards treats you very well and the reservations and vouchers come in a timely fashion. If the hotel was not so expensive ($585 USD for summer) I would probably stay there again. There are a lot of business travelers but many of them have their families with them for a once in a lifetime experience.

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 10:49 PM
britabroad

Kathy, Last week I stayed at the Francois 1er on the rue Magellan (just off the Champs Elysees..nearest metro George V). The hotel is part of the Summit group. Lovely, small hotel (40 rooms) with friendly staff. I had reserved a single room for 1900 FF and when I arrived they upgraded me to an executive suite (3000 FF) for the same price! It is on a very quiet street, just a stone's throw from the Champs Elysees. Tel no: 33.1.47.23.44.04.

Old Jun 5th, 2001, 07:52 AM
Al

Stayed at Marriott the last week of April 2001 also on rewards points. The hotel is very "american" geared toward business people. Excellent restaurant but pricey. Rooms are exactly like the Marriott rooms in any large US city. Very clean, large by European standards, the hotel very nicely decorated. Very helpful staff. Hagen Das across the street!!! Wouldn't pay the actual $$ but great for free!!