Paris: La Mouzaïa in autumn

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27th, 2009, 02:26 AM
Original Poster

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

I don't know if anybody remembers the photo report I did in the 19th arrondissement this spring. It was about the little neighborhood called <i>La Mouzaïa</i> which is a set of about a dozen alleys with small individual houses with gardens. Many would say it looks a lot more English than French, but it any case, it is charming. This was the old thread:
http://www.fodors.com/community/euro...t-location.cfm

Anyway, I was curious to go back and see what it looks like in autumn, so I returned this morning and took a new set of pictures. Here they are: http://tinyurl.com/y8qhvxd

I would really like to encourage some of you who never leave the center of Paris to discover some of the outer areas if you have time. It is really a whole different way to see the city.
Old Sep 27th, 2009, 11:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh wow, great pictures! Is the temperature still okay?
Old Sep 27th, 2009, 11:59 AM

The temps are great now -- coolish in the early mornings and late evenings, and comfortably warm in the midday.
Old Sep 28th, 2009, 10:38 AM
tod

I remember your initial photo essay, and have posted a reply to those lovely flowers you caught in their Autumn colours!
Thanks so much.
Old Sep 28th, 2009, 11:15 AM
Original Poster

And thank you for looking at it. I know that there is not much of a public here for "unknown" things to see, especially when they are not in walking distance from Saint Germain.
Old Sep 28th, 2009, 11:25 AM

Just beautiful! Thanks so much, Kerouac. I'll be in Paris in 3 weeks. I'd love to venture up that way this trip, it looks so beautiful and peaceful.
Old Oct 16th, 2009, 01:59 AM

Thanks, Kerouac, lovely lovely photos. The people doing Tai Chi were there last Sunday as well, as I was strolling about Buttes Chaumont (to which I got by foot all the way from rue de Marivaux in the 2nd where I was staying, discovering on my way Avenue Trudaine...). I also can't understand people who don't go out of Saint Germain, which to me is now an "out of the way" destination, actually...I love wandering around residential parts of Paris, always fascinating.

I have to say this time I didn't go down into the alleys of La Mouzaïa, felt too lazy to do that. But I did end up in Square de Montsouris in the 14th later that day - such a stunning small alley, just wonderful.
Old Oct 16th, 2009, 04:50 AM

What beautiful photos. I loved the one with the skyscrapers behind and the old traditional buildings in front. Thanks for posting those.
Old Oct 16th, 2009, 07:27 PM

Great pics... I loved the first installment, this one is just as great.
Old Oct 16th, 2009, 08:26 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Is that the neighborhood where "Cache" was filmed?
Old Oct 16th, 2009, 08:35 PM

Thanks for the update kerouac. I will be in Paris next month and I was about to look this thread up. This is on my "must see" list.

I love the pictures the first time and I love now it also.
Old Oct 16th, 2009, 08:37 PM

Very nice----we are definitely "cat people" and the photos of the cats in the spring were so interesting. Why don't we venture off of Ile St. Louis and St. Germain (our favorite places)? I don't know. But maybe we should. That is one great neighborhood.

Thanks Kerouac for another wonderful view of Paris.
Old Oct 16th, 2009, 09:23 PM
Original Poster

Cigale, I don't think that Caché was filmed there, because I seem to recall the neighborhood being more "car friendly" in that film. It wasn't anywhere in Paris that I recognized, so I assumed it was in the inner suburbs, probably the Hauts de Seine.
Old Oct 16th, 2009, 09:33 PM
Original Poster

I just checked the net, and the scenes of the house may have been filmed in Vienna! Interestingly enough, the café that I was helping to run back then (I don't know if anybody remembers that story: http://tinyurl.com/phfmwl ) was visited by Michael Haneke three times as a possible location for some scenes in Caché. He ended up shooting those scenes in a service station snack bar!