Notices

Paris-July-Air Conditioning

Old Feb 10th, 2000, 07:38 AM
Shane

Paris-July-Air Conditioning

ShouldIlook for a room with Air conditioning for a mid-July trip to Paris?

Old Feb 10th, 2000, 08:26 AM
anne

The weather can vary so tremendously. When we've been there in July and August, it's been cool enough for a sweater, and no a/c needed. However, I've heard stories from other travellers about a period in a previous July where it was too hot to sleep! Some of the older hotels, with thick walls, stay cooler (on the lower floors) in the heat.

Old Feb 10th, 2000, 08:31 AM
Lee

Shane: I wouldn't worry about it. It typically does not get as hot there as you may think.

I lived in Frankfurt (nearly the same, geographically) for nearly three years and didn't have an air conditioner or even miss not having one. Go with other amenities that mean more to you.

Old Feb 10th, 2000, 08:42 AM
elaine

Shane
It might be hot in Paris then, it might not be. If you are the kind of person (like me)
who really really wants air conditioning when it's hot, then that might be exactly one of the amenities that you should go for.

Old Feb 10th, 2000, 10:04 AM
Bill Irving

I have been in Paris in May & September, when there was no need for A/C, But 2 years ago we went to Paris in Mid-June. We ended up getting a room with air conditioning, even though we were not expecting it. But it ended up being very welcome during the 5 days we were there.It was very warm during that time especialy after walking around Paris all day, & the day we spent at Versailles. It made a difference for us. Also had rain on a few nights, so even though it was cooler at night, we had to keep the windows closed & the A/C helped. If you are used to A/C you might want to have a room with it. All depends upon what you are used to.

Old Feb 10th, 2000, 10:24 AM
Colleen

We were in Paris for a week last July and about half the time AC was needed. We were unfamiliar with the AC and found it worked only when all windows were tightly closed. This took us some time to figure out. Our window faced out onto a courtyard and there was no air movement what so even on a slightly warm night AC was needed.

Old Feb 10th, 2000, 11:47 PM
Myriam

We were in Paris at the end of August and were glad to have an A/C room.