Search

Paris in winter

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24th, 2002, 04:36 PM
Pru

Paris in winter

We are traveling first time to Paris(cheaper in winter) and wonder what to expect for weather and things to do.

Old Jan 24th, 2002, 05:06 PM
Ed

I will be in Paris for President's Day weekend. I am told it may be cool and rainy, but so what. If you like French impressionism, don't miss the D'Orsay Museum and the Marmatton Museum. Other great museums are the Rodin Museum and Picasso Museum, and of course, the Louvre. When you are tired of museum hopping, stroll the Marais district (funky shops)and the Latin Quarter. For a special treat, visit the beautiful stained glass windows at St. Chapelle. If weather permits, take a cruise on the Seine. See, most of these things are indoors, not to mention the shopping and eating. Have fun.

Old Jan 24th, 2002, 06:01 PM
Fred

We've been there in February the last 5 years, and will be again in a few weeks. It's really been quite nice. Winter cold, but plenty of sunny days and never stopped from going and doing what we wanted. Hopefully the streak will continue. Paris being as changeable and unpredictable as it is, it could be mild, cold, very cold, nasty, windy, rainy. Snow is possible but rare. So bring layers to put on or take off, winter clothing (sweaters, scarves, gloves, etc) and umbrellasÉalways umbrellas. For more Paris information e-mail me: [email protected]

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 10:35 PM
topper

topping for more ideas

Old Jan 27th, 2002, 12:30 AM
x

You may wish to bring your waders. The BBC , among others, reports a real danger of serious flooding threatening the Metro, power and sites near the River.

Old Jan 27th, 2002, 02:41 PM
Mimi

I was in Paris in Feb a few years back. It was in the 50s and with all the walking we did, I really didn't need a jacket. Some days it was cloudy and others it was sunny. <BR><BR>The previous post says that it may rain a lot, we only encountered a half day of rain.<BR><BR>We spent most days cruising through museums, so many of them! And a full day at the Louvre.<BR><BR>Don't miss the chocolate sorbet at Berthillion on Ile St-Louis.

Old Jan 27th, 2002, 02:52 PM
mimi taylor

There are these beautiful arcades, that were a forcast of the coming shopping malls that we now have. They range from the beautiful to common with delightful shops, tea rooms.

Old Jan 27th, 2002, 10:49 PM
xxx

Wasn't talking about raining a lot. Was relaying weather projection on the BBC news website (news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid) for major flooding, like that of 1910, threatening to shut down the Metro, Louvre, d'Orsay and other sites near the river. Someone else's experience concerning rain in the past has no bearing on whether it will flood this winter.