Paris in March

Old Feb 26th, 2001, 03:28 PM
Patt

Paris in March

I will be staying im the St. Germain area for a week in March. Since the weather will be on the cool side, are there any cafes, jazz clubs, spring fashion shows, or other activities anyone can recommend. I also would like to take a train to Versailles one day. Thanks for any suggestions...

Old Feb 26th, 2001, 03:44 PM
Sandy

Hi Patt, <BR> <BR>When are you going to be in Paris . . . we'll be there Mar 21-24 . . . we've already found Fodorites to meet for drinks on the 21st and 24th, if you're there then, want to join us? We can compare travel stories. <BR> <BR>Sandy

Old Feb 27th, 2001, 12:09 AM
ldsant

Hi Sandy. I'll be in Paris (coming back from Belgium) on March 21 - 23. Would enjoy hooking up with you guys if possible. Please email me. Thanks.

Old Feb 27th, 2001, 01:03 AM
dorene

Stayed in the same area a couple of yrs ago in March. Being from Hawaii, it was rather chilly, occasionally drizzly but nice without the crowds. For a week stay, you will find excellent food drink and sights, so just stop in where ever it suits you. The only "bad" experience I had was on my last day, a "local" expat in the Mouftard open market recommended a must try...Chartres...nothing more than a tourist trap. Versailles is worth the trip.

Old Feb 27th, 2001, 03:11 AM
Dana

I will also be in Paris 3/22-3/27. Would love to meet you all too!!!

Old Feb 27th, 2001, 03:29 AM
s.fowler

Any takers for March 16-20?

Old Feb 27th, 2001, 04:10 AM
wintkat

We'll be in Paris 15-19. Would like to get together for drinks.

Old Feb 27th, 2001, 06:44 AM
Sandy

Dear Dana & Idsant, <BR> <BR>I emailed you both at your yahoo address. Hope you both can join us . . . and anyone else out there who will be in Paris on Mar 21-23! <BR> <BR>Sandy

Old Feb 27th, 2001, 07:14 AM
Tony

We will be there the 17th through the 24th. Hotel Muguet. Please email me. Sounds fun.

Old Feb 27th, 2001, 07:56 AM
Sue

Sandy misspoke... We're meeting on March 23, not 24, the day we arrive and the day before they leave. Hope others can join us. (Dana, Idsant, Tony, etc.) We have pageszoom URL of Cafe Francais where we're meeting (Place de la Bastille). Sandy will keep me informed.

Old Feb 27th, 2001, 08:37 AM
Sandy

Thanks Sue, <BR> <BR>Yes, I got my fingers on the wrong keys . . . everybody . . . we're meeting at Cafe Fracais, 3 de la Bastille, on Fri, Mar 23, at 6:00 p.m. We'll have our blue ribbons . . . be there or be square (guess that dates me)! <BR> <BR>Sandy

Old Feb 27th, 2001, 04:32 PM
Lynne

I'll be there March 23-29, with 2 pre-teens in tow. I am seriously interested in ideas to keep us all amused, happy, warm and dry if the weather doesn't cooperate.

Old Feb 27th, 2001, 05:04 PM
Patt

Hi Sandy and other Paris travelers. I'll be with a travel agent friend in Paris March 7-12. I found a hotel through placestostay.com which is my first experience booking an international hotel through the web. Is everyone using websites to book int'l hotels? Just curious.

Old Feb 27th, 2001, 06:04 PM
StCirq

&lt;&lt; Chatres....nothing more than a tourist trap..&gt;&gt; <BR> <BR> <BR>I'm sorry, but I have to raise a big red flag for this comment. Chartres is one of the grat wonders of the world, and anyone who dismisses it is missing out on some of the best Medeival history available to us. Malcolm Miller's tours are exceptional, but even if you can't avail yourself of one of these, if you can't go and stand in that nave and appreciate what went on so many hundreds of years ago to make it possible for you to see what you are seeing, you are a dunce and an ingrate.

Old Feb 27th, 2001, 09:43 PM
Gene Wright

StCirq, While the negative comment about Chartres caused me to raise an eyebrow and wonder what kind of bad experience the writer had (caught in the middle of a busload of noisy tourists or some equally awful or perhaps had OD'd on cathedrals at that point), I don't think she deserves or needs to be insulted. While I don't write much on the forum, my wife does, but I do read it fairly often and I am always amazed when I run across an intemperate, nasty or rude comment written by some poor insensitive and insecure soul. And no, you don't have to write back to fang me and tell me what an ass I am and how wonderful and secure you are. I know all that already, which I guess certainly makes me an ingrate.

Old Feb 28th, 2001, 05:57 AM
Sandy

Lynne, <BR> <BR>Please join us on the 23rd! <BR> <BR>Patt, <BR> <BR>I don't usually make hotel reservations at all beforehand, I prefer to wing it but when I do ('cause I'm arriving at night or I know someplace I want to stay, etc.), then I have found booking on line a GREAT way to go. I most always get prompt and courteous replies and I've yet to be disappointed with my choices. Sorry you can't join us on the 23rd, will be lots 'o fun. <BR> <BR>Sandy

Old Feb 28th, 2001, 06:08 AM
Michelle

Great to see so many will be in Paris in March. My husband and I will be there the 20th-23rd. I'm counting the minutes! Hope you all have wonderful trips and lots of stories to post when you return! <BR> <BR>

Old Feb 28th, 2001, 06:42 AM
Ishoo

My wife and I will be in Paris March 20-26. Would be interested in meeting those who have contributed to the forum. Please email me if you are interested.

Old Feb 28th, 2001, 06:04 PM
Sandy

Hey all you Fodorites . . . you don't need a formal invitation, do you? If you read this and will be in Paris on Fri, Mar 23, then meet us (we're up to about 11 people by now) at Cafe Francais, 3 place de la Bastille, 6:00 p.m. We'll have our blue ribbons plus an American flag on the table. <BR> <BR>Hope to see you! <BR>Sandy

Old Mar 1st, 2001, 06:20 AM
topper

Why not?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -