Paris - I don't know which airport

Feb 11th, 2000, 05:18 AM
Brad

Paris - I don't know which airport

I am flying to Paris but my ticket doesn't say which airport it is (there are more than one) how can I find out

Feb 11th, 2000, 05:24 AM
Richard

Brad, I think all US carriers now fly into Charles de Gaulle, CDG, also known as Roissy.

Feb 11th, 2000, 05:30 AM
Brad

I am flying from London City airport which is in the "City of London" area and so is not one of the main london airports. I understand that i could be going to CDG or Orly or one call Bovaize

Feb 11th, 2000, 06:23 AM
elaine

Brad
I would be surprised if there is not a code somewhere on your ticket for either CDG airport or Orly, but if not, why not call your airline and inquire?

Feb 11th, 2000, 07:16 AM
Rex

Brad,

I don't think any airline flies (scheduled) service from LCY (London City) to Beauvais (BVA). Beauvais is about 45 miles NNE of Paris, quite in the middle of nowhere. It has very limited services (for example, no currency change), but has all the major car rental companies.

Most likely you are flying into Orly (ORY).

There is also a fourth airport in the vicinity of Paris (also north) at or near Cergy-Pontoise. The failure of Debonair may have seriously hurt this little airport. I'm not sure what airlines (if any) are operating scheduled passenger service there now.

By the way, what airline are you flying from LCY?

Best wishes,

Rex

Feb 11th, 2000, 07:23 AM
dan woodlief

It is likely de Gaulle. I have not flown into Paris, but a couple of years ago I flew out of Paris on American Airlines from Orly Airport.

Feb 11th, 2000, 07:51 AM
covadonga

Hi, Brad.
If you are flying Air France, you will fly into Charles de Gaulle.

Feb 11th, 2000, 08:14 AM
Brad

Its a charter flight (called North Kent Airline) that I got from what they call "bucket shops" around here. I can't get thru to the airline so I tried to call the French Consulate for the Paris airport CDG number but the person on the other end of the line could not speak english very well.

Feb 11th, 2000, 08:23 AM
pam

Brad,
Look at your ticket, or the receipt which is the last card in the packet. On the right side of the card is the boarding pass. If you were leaving from, say, San Francisco, you might see "XSFO" and under it "OCDG," meaning leaving SFO and arriving Charles de Gaulle. Also, about 2/3 down the left side you'll see 2 or more lines of letters and numbers. Believe it or not, you can decipher them. There should be a tiny heading above this called "Fare calculation." Find the first instance of your departure city airport code, skip thru the fares and taxes and look for the next 3 letter code. THis is the harder way--easiest to call your airline or travel agent--but it's interesting to be able to read all the stuff.

Feb 11th, 2000, 08:28 AM
Brad

I just looked at the part of the receipt as you have described and it says BRU, would you know which Paris airport is that?
i don't have the airline number and the travel shop is always engaged.

Feb 11th, 2000, 09:02 AM
Joe

BRU is Brussels, Belgium. I think they
speak French, but it's not exactly Paris.

Feb 11th, 2000, 11:02 AM
pam

Keep looking--you must have a stop at least in Brussels. If you want to email me privately we could take this offline, or in your next post type the whole fare-calculation info and I'll try to decipher it for you.

Feb 12th, 2000, 01:17 AM
Etienne

BRU is Brussels Belgium. To get to paris from Brussels, it will take you at least 2 hours by train (this is a high-speed train, and tickets have to be booked in advance). The other option is to fly from Brussels to Paris, and in this case you will arrive at the Charles de Gaulle airport.

Feb 13th, 2000, 06:05 PM
pam

Just because the ticket says BRU doesn't mean that's the end of the line. Brad, after BRU are there more numbers and another 3-letter airport code? If so, your ticket indicates you are stopping in BRU en route. Please email me privately or post the sequence of #s and letters. I feel like I've opened a can of worms!