Paris Hotels Where to stay?

Aug 13th, 1999, 08:06 PM
Lisa Daigle

Paris Hotels Where to stay?

Recently booked great air fare to Paris and can't find a resonable hotel in a good arrondissment (1st or second). Am somewhat accustomed to American Hotels and amenities, i.e. bathroom in room. Seeking recommendations promptly. Leaving on Sept 4th, 1999. Thank you.

Aug 14th, 1999, 09:24 AM
Tom

Lisa,

My wife and I were in Paris this March and stayed at the Grand Hotel Leveque (website available). This hotel is conveniently located in the 3rd.

A short walk from the Eifel Tower, Invalides and the Rodin Museum, it is a wonderful location. Located on Rue Cler, a three block street that is a classic example of the local French neighborhood with wine, bread, butcher, seafood shops up and dpown the street.

The hotel is 2 star and the rooms contain private shower and toilette. Nice staff, clean rooms, good location and all for about $70 per night.

We highly recommend it, as did Rick Steves.

Aug 14th, 1999, 09:26 AM
Tom

Lisa,

My wife and I were in Paris this March and stayed at the Grand Hotel Leveque (website available). This hotel is conveniently located in the 3rd.

A short walk from the Eifel Tower, Invalides and the Rodin Museum, it is a wonderful location. Located on Rue Cler, a three block street that is a classic example of the local French neighborhood with wine, bread, butcher, seafood shops up and dpown the street.

The hotel is 2 star and the rooms contain private shower and toilette. Nice staff, clean rooms, good location and all for about $70 per night.

We highly recommend it, as did Rick Steves.

Aug 14th, 1999, 11:06 AM
Karen

Lisa,
We stayed at the Hotel Madeleine Palace at the beginning of July, and loved it. It is in the 1st, 8 rue Cambon. We found a great rate on the website http://www.123france.com/europe/fran.../homadeus.html. We called the hotel directly, and requested the discounted rate.

The hotel was lovely, and we would definitely stay there again. I will warn you that most of the hotels in the 1st seem to be a bit more expensive than other areas.

Have a great trip.

Aug 14th, 1999, 02:48 PM
Karen

Lisa,
To add to my reply above, make sure and scroll to the bottom of the page on that website, and don't worry about the dates. Our dates were originally not shown as being discounted, but they honored the rate anyway.

Aug 15th, 1999, 06:49 AM
Raleigh

My wife and stayed at the Hotel Muguet last September and would highly recommend it. It is 2-star, but better than many 3-stars I've been it, probably because of a recent renovation - everything is new!

It's less than an mile from the Eiffel Tower and the rates for a double were 540-580 francs. Check out pictures, etc. at www.hotel-muguet.com. Their email is [email protected]

Aug 15th, 1999, 07:04 AM
Marty

Raleigh: The Hotel Muguet looks great! Is it really as it looks in the picture? Can you locate it better for me? The map is not very clear on where it is. Is there a metro very close by?

Aug 15th, 1999, 08:58 AM
Donna

Hotel Muguet is on rue Chevert which is one block over and runs parallel to ave de la Motte Picquet. It's equidistant between two metro stations - Ecole Militaire and Latour Maubourg.

Aug 16th, 1999, 05:07 PM
laiyee

Hello from Singapore. We stayed at Hotel Lourve this April & found the 2 star hotel very charming. It is located near the Lourve. The staff speaks fluent English, helpful & best of all amenities are well-equipped. We paid abt 540FF at that time. U can find the hotel email address at 'The charming hotels'. Enjoy yr trip.

Aug 16th, 1999, 08:22 PM
steve

You might also consider on of the areas on the left bank-5th, 6th or 7th. There are more reasonably priced hotels in that area. The most recent TRAVEL AND LEISURE magazine has a good article on hotels and a couple are not too expensive. A couple of 3-star hotels that I've stayed in are Hotel des Jardins du Luxembourg(5th) and Hotel de L'Universite(7th). These hotels are rather charming and certainly have private baths, but don't expect them to be like American hotels. The rooms are usually much smaller than even a budget American hotel, but remember when in Paris...

Aug 16th, 1999, 09:01 PM
LEE

Our travel agent recently recommended Le Pavillon Bastille. It's in the 3rd arrondissement (Marais) and the rate is around $129. Check it out on the web at www.france-paris.com. It's close to Place de la Bastille, has air conditioning, bathrooms in the room, etc.