Paris Hotels Website - france-hotel-guide.com

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 02:55 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm heading to Paris in early June and I'm looking for a good 2 star hotel that's not too expensive.

Has anyone booked a hotel through http://www.france-hotel-guide.com?

I'm wondering about the quality of the hotels.
Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 03:03 PM

We are staying at the Hotel Muguet, which is an air conditioned 2 star in the Rue Cler district. It got good reviews on this website, and in other travel books we checked out. We got the reservation directly w/ the hotel.
Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 04:42 PM

I have used France Hotel Guide--I'd say it's more of a portal than a reservation service. You do book directly with the hotel.

I've been very satisfied with all of the hotels I've booked using f-h-g, which include the Hotel Daguerre in Montparnasse and the Hotel Monge in the Latin Quarter. I may have booked the Hotel du Champs de Mars through them, too (can't remember).

Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 07:00 PM

If you can get into Hotel Muguet, it's fabulous in every way. That it's newly air-conditioned is an additional plus. And, it's a two-star that is really more a three-star.

Otherwise, you'd best peruse the plethora of threads within this forum, or check out some truly valuable resources at your local bookstore.

Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 09:03 PM

Another booking site I really like is www.france.com. You can check rates and availability and see comments (good and bad) from previous customers. I've used it several times and never a problem. If you are checking for a 2-star, use their "under $100" category and you'll find rates from $80-120 (2star).
Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 09:36 PM

We are also considering Hotel Muguet for next year. I believe you need to reserve about 5 months in advance.
Old Apr 24th, 2003, 02:57 AM
ira

Hi
You might want to look into the Hotel Bonaparte, 61 rue Bonaparte in the 6th.
Old Apr 24th, 2003, 10:33 AM

I think that is a very good Paris hotel web site in terms of the hotels they list and the information they have. I haven't booked through them, however. I do know a lot of the hotels from reputation and they have a nice selection; however, they also have a few I have never heard of, I'll admit. As with any booking site, I would probably not assume a quality of hotel just because it's on the site, but would do a little more research on one or two I was interested in.
Old Apr 27th, 2003, 09:32 AM

Aubergine,

You don't say what "not too expensive" is. When we were there in October, we stayed in two different hotels, loved both for different reasons.

First, as Ira mentioned above, Hotel Bonaparte. 104E, incl. breakfast and tax. This is a no frills hotel in a fabulous locale in St. Germain, clean & safe & near 2 metros. (Right next to St. Sulpice, if you're looking at a map). The staff was terrific. No website, but they are on the Fodor's Paris pages in this forum.

At 150E I'd highly recommend Hotel de Notre Dame on Rue Maitre Albert, a narrow, winding little midieval "street". It's nicer than Bonaparte. We LOVED the location of this one. Walk out the front door, take 50 steps and you're at the Seine looking over at Notre Dame. Being an early morning walker I loved being so close to the Iles and river.

http://www.hotel-paris-notredame.com/index.html

There's a wonderful little Italian restaurant right around the corner...Ponte Vecchio. Go there anyway...reserve one of the window tables with a view of the cathedral.

Bon journee!