Search

Paris Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9th, 2000, 02:24 PM
George Pearse

Paris Hotels

Your experience at hotels under 200$.Any recommendations.

Old Jun 9th, 2000, 03:04 PM
Thyra

Hi George, you will find many, many listings of hotels on this web site. But I always recommend a hotel that I got from Fodor's Hotels of Character and Charm in Paris, (a lovely, pocket sized book that includes color photos and charming hotels in all price ranges). But my all time favorite hotel is Grand Balcons, which is a few yards from the Luxembourg Gardens, has a lovely staff, art deco breakfast room, and nice rooms. When we stayed there, last year in March our room was $105.00 including breakfast. I have recommended this hotel many times and everyone who has stayed there has agreed with me.

Old Jun 10th, 2000, 11:43 AM
D. Johnson

We were just in Paris staying at the tres expensive Plaza Athenee. We needed to find a place for our 19 yr old son who was arriving the next week. The West End Hotel-right behind the PA was beautiful. Perfect location. Receiving rooms lovely. It was about $140-150 a single. Well under $200 for a double.

Old Jun 10th, 2000, 12:51 PM
vosaki

Thanks to the strengh of the dollar, you'll have no trouble finding a nice hotel under $200. <BR>The Intercontinental Hotel group seems to have a summer special each year. They have two hotels, one in the Opera district, and one across from the Louvre. Both are located in the middle of attractions, shopping and restaurants. Both are very deluxe hotels. <BR>There summer specials offer a reduced rate and the choice of a room upgrade to a junior suite, a full buffet breakfest or a second room at half price. We opted for the buffet breakfest which was served in their main lobby and would compare with any buffet served at a deluxe American hotel. I think we paid about $250 a day last year. It's probably a bit cheaper this year.

Old Jun 14th, 2000, 05:33 PM
Jeff

Hi George, <BR> I just returned from Paris and stayed at a wonderful hotel in the St. Germain arrondisement. It was call the Madison Hotel. I had a great view overlooking the church and I could also clearly see the Eiffel tower and Notre Dame in the distance. The last evening there, I was treated to a concert outside my window. My trip to Paris will be unforgettable. I hope you have a great trip!