Paris Hotels

Old May 14th, 1999, 05:18 PM
Nancy

Paris Hotels

I am doing my research on Paris hotels. Planning a trip there in early September. I have a couple of small hotels that I wanted to run by you all to see if anyone has had any experience with.

L'Hotel Pergolese - Right Bank

Hotel Le Sainte-Beuve - Left Bank

Le Pavillon Bastille - Right Bank

Hotel Le Tourville - Left Bank (This one is on Fodor's recommended list)

Thanks for any comments.

Old May 14th, 1999, 06:04 PM
Diane

Do a search above -- type in Paris Hotels, check the exact matchbox -- you may find several notes from different chains or try each hotel

Old May 14th, 1999, 06:24 PM
Dan

Everyone who's been there has his or her favorite - we enjoyed the Hotel D'Angleterre on Rue Jacob (just about a block from Blvd. St. Germain) on the Left Bank. It's featured in Fodor's Rivages Hotels of Character & Charm in Paris. Great location- friendly staff - every room different.

Old May 14th, 1999, 08:09 PM
Leslie

We stayed at the St. Beuve a little over a year ago. The room was nicely decorated, spacious & comfortable. The staff was friendly and street parking was easy. I thought it was a little overpriced, though.

Old May 14th, 1999, 10:27 PM
lynn

Nancy -

My advice? Get one as close to a metro stop as possible and as close to the center of town as possible. Center of town is Kilometer Zero, a.k.a. Notre Dame.

Staying close to your metro stop is very important. After a full day of walking, and I mean a FULL DAY, even 2 blocks is just too far when you can find one only 20 or 30 yards away. We stay at Hotel D'Albe in the 5th. It is right near Place St. Michel (a very central location) and only about 25 yards from the St. Michel Metro.

Also, when hotel hunting, be careful of which metro stop the hotel is near. Some are very far out from the city center and would cause more lengthy trips to sites. Granted, central Paris is only about 6-7 miles in diameter but all the stops the trains make turn a 3 mile trip into 45 minutes. This is time you want to spend seeing and living, not crammed onto the metro!

Any questions, please feel free to email me.

Old May 15th, 1999, 04:40 AM
Donna

I have friends who love the Pergolese and others who always stay at the Tourville. Not familiar with the other two. I agree with the advice to pay attention to the nearest metro stop. Tourville is a short walk from Ecole Militaire (on an excellent line which does not require changes in the less desirable stations) and it's near the wonderful Rue Cler neighborhood. I would recommend that you make reservations forthwith, as September is a very busy time in Paris. It's best not to spend too much time pondering your selections, only to discover that they're all completely booked by the time you decide to call.