Forte Regents Park Hotel-Info?

Old May 3rd, 1999, 03:48 AM
Judy

Forte Regents Park Hotel-Info?

We have a reservation at the Forte Posthouse Regents Park in London (on Carburton Street near the Great Portland Street tube stop)for the end of May. Is anyone familiar with this hotel or with the neighborhood (adjacent to Regents Park between Bloomsbury and Marylebone)? Thanks--

Old May 12th, 1999, 01:56 PM
Robin

A friend of mine stayed at this hotel last month. I was not in London at that time, but we subsequently rendevouzed later in the trip in Paris.
She was pleased with the accommadations and its' location. As for myself, I have my own personal mantra when it comes to both London & Paris - 'as long as the hotel is close to a tube (or in Paris, the metro) stop, you can get everywhere in these cities'.

The only other factor might be if you're a big nightlife person - trains stop running earlier than you'd suspect (it's either midnight? or maybe 11:30 pm?). After that I think there's a less frequent schedule for the night buses, and or course, there's always taxis. Anyhow, if you like to party the night away, then you may consider a location closer to the action spots.

Old May 12th, 1999, 01:56 PM
Robin

A friend of mine stayed at this hotel last month. I was not in London at that time, but we subsequently rendevouzed later in the trip in Paris.
She was pleased with the accommadations and its' location. As for myself, I have my own personal mantra when it comes to both London & Paris - 'as long as the hotel is close to a tube (or in Paris, the metro) stop, you can get everywhere in these cities'.

The only other factor might be if you're a big nightlife person - trains stop running earlier than you'd suspect (it's either midnight? or maybe 11:30 pm?). After that I think there's a less frequent schedule for the night buses, and or course, there's always taxis. Anyhow, if you like to party the night away, then you may consider a location closer to the action spots.

Old May 12th, 1999, 07:49 PM
CS

Judy--Returned yesterday from one week in London and three weeks in France. We stayed in the Forte Posthouse Regent's Park for our London week and we were very pleased. It is a short block and one-half to the Great Portland tube stop. The rooms tend to be slightly smallish (what else can you expect in London or Paris, though?) but completely modern and clean. The neighborhood is not particularly exciting. We spent a week at the Forte Posthouse Kensington last year and liked the neighborhood better but you won't spend any time there anyway.

We found the staff to be quite helpful; the doorman, especially. He directed us to the nearest internet access spot and to a couple of restaurants in the area.

You will be quite close to Regent's Park. The tulips were incredible and the park lovely and tranquil.

Hope this helps a little. Be glad to try and answer any other questions you might have. Regardless, you will have a super time. London is one of our favorite cities. Regards, CS

Old May 15th, 1999, 07:01 AM
Mark

Not a bad location - just north of the centre of London and near Regents Park. Forte Hotels are a reliable chain and you should be happy with the hotel. I have done a guide to London Hotels with short reviews and descriptions of London hotels and areas at: http://londonhotels.cjb.net which you may find of interest. I have also included info on London sights, restaurants, pubs, museums etc which you might want to take a look at.

Enjoy your trip to London,

Regards,

Mark.